ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding injuries and the media’s perception on how they impact games

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
Injuries happen to every team and Kirby is the last person who will use them as an excuse for a loss (unlike Ryan Day). But they can and do impact games. Do they change the outcomes of games? Maybe or maybe not. I’m not here to blame Georgia’s loss on injuries. My personal frustration over the SEC Championship is not that we had injuries or that no one is using them as an excuse. My frustration is that all we have heard from the national sports media over the last 2 years is how Bama would have beaten Georgia in 2021 had Metchie and Williams both been healthy, and that Geirgia would have lost the Peach Bowl had Harrison not gotten injured. A couple weeks ago I was listening to the SEC Network in my car and the hosts were talking about how Georgia benefited from Bama’s injuries in the national Championship and would have lost like they did in the SEC Championship had Bama been healthy. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. On another broadcast, Aaron Murray said Georgia would have lost had it not been for those injuries. I’m like “are you friggin’ kidding me?” But when Georgia has key injuries - crickets. I just would like the national media to acknowledge that Georgia fought their asses off and only lost by three, despite missing key guys and not having a healthy Brock and Ladd, and that maybe - MAYBE - the outcome would have been different with a healthy Georgia team. Instead everyone talks like Bama beat a 100% healthy Georgia squad. All I want is for the injury discussion to go both ways, but for whatever reason Georgia just doesn’t get the same coverage. And maybe it’s because Kirby doesn’t use them as an excuse like Saban and Day. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Go Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News