ADVERTISEMENT

Rian Davis is on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry folks, old school here and a grad of UGA in the 80's. You don't call HW34 a damn fool! Rian Davis hasn't set foot on the field yet and his mouth is all over Twitter. Do you want to play football at UGA or run your mouth all over Twitter. I could care less about Rian Davis. Lot of good players way ahead of him right now!
You think he’s the only one who feel that way?

A Georgia football player disrespected Herschel is like you or I disrespecting our parents, or grandparents. Doesn't fly. Not enough respect for your elders these days.
I grew up being told the old saying “you have to give respect to earn respect.” Unfortunately, there are many adults who do not respect kids or their views and vice versa. To be honest, if someone older (or younger) than me is showing me or my views/opinions disrespect, it will be very difficult for me to respect theirs.
Before anyone gets it twisted, I’m NOT saying that’s the case here. But, it’s very difficult for me to give someone respect who doesn’t give me the same respect in return. For my elders to get my respect, they also have to respect me. Just my opinion.

Sorry folks, old school here and a grad of UGA in the 80's. You don't call HW34 a damn fool! Rian Davis hasn't set foot on the field yet and his mouth is all over Twitter. Do you want to play football at UGA or run your mouth all over Twitter. I could care less about Rian Davis. Lot of good players way ahead of him right now!
No, they haven’t responded and prob best that they don’t, but I can promise you the bulk of Rian’s teammates feel the same as him on this subject.
Again, he said Herschel sounded like a fool.

Being good or bad at football does not mean that they can’t have their opinions both heard and criticized.

So it’s fine to be disrespectful to him about things other than football?
This is the part I think is tough for many. On the field, the man was a beast. Perhaps the best ever. Away from the field is where the other part comes into play. And while it's absolutely undisputable that he's lived a very good life and could be a role model for many. That doesn't mean that he's without faults off the field. He is not a good spokesman for those struggling. So while he says they don't speak for him, he certainly doesn't speak for them.

LOL That’s when you know you’re old as shit. That latter phrase has been said for centuries. :D
53 but feel much older somedays. If I would have called my dad a fool he would have busted my arse. Rian Davis would probably only refer to 34 as a fool from behind a keyboard.

Reactions: CromeDawg
53 but feel much older somedays. If I would have called my dad a fool he would have busted my arse. Rian Davis would probably only refer to 34 as a fool from behind a keyboard.
I’m 48 and half way to 49. No reason to act ancient.

He wasn’t talking to his dad.

Nobody wants to challenge Herschel to a physical fight. C'mon. That's not what any of this is about. But, I bet he would tell him to his face that he disagrees with him in a way where he would know he thinks he sounds like a fool.

Calling Herschel a fool? Seems disrespectful to me
Don’t think Herschel would refer to Davis as a fool because he disagreed with him! Some people today believe that you are not allowed to disagree with a certain position! If so, you are a bigot, racist.... etc if it does not align with there narrative!

Reactions: RJ1133
Let me preface by saying (A) I may be drunk and (B) I love Herschel. His story of how he exercised to change his body/life inspired me as much as any person’s story I’ve heard. I actually used his story with students while teaching Wellness in TN. Students ate it up. F UT.

But Herschel after his career speaking on multiple (no pun intended) views? And then his son????????

Game on, bruh.

My spelling while drinking is next level, by the way.

giphy.gif

I’m going with yes, you are drunk haha. But yeah I hear ya

Reactions: rectomo and fprex
No, they haven’t responded and prob best that they don’t, but I can promise you the bulk of Rian’s teammates feel the same as him on this subject.
Again, he said Herschel sounded like a fool.
So if Bill Shanks says, "Man, did y'all hear Anthony Dasher on here yesterday talking about the QB situation? He sounded like a damn fool.", you'd say Bill is just disagreeing with you and not actually calling you a fool, correct? :)

Reactions: DAWGS_1
Good. Now go and tell him and the other teammates who feel the same way this. Let us know how that turns out. I don't think you folks realize how bad this makes us look to our opponents and recruits. Keep on posting this stuff about the players and see that talent base dry up fast. Be mindful that all it takes is for someone to dole out $9.99 and they can come on here and screenshot all of this talk about the players. So, keep it up.

Reactions: Ticothaman25
So if Bill Shanks says, "Man, did y'all hear Anthony Dasher on here yesterday talking about the QB situation? He sounded like a damn fool.", you'd say Bill is just disagreeing with you and not actually calling you a fool, correct? :)
People call me a fool a lot :) and it doesn’t bother me. But yes, I know Bill well enough that he wouldn’t be calling me that personally

Don’t think Herschel would refer to Davis as a fool because he disagreed with him! Some people today believe that you are not allowed to disagree with a certain position! If so, you are a bigot, racist.... etc if it does not align with there narrative!
The infestation of exclamation points in your post does not make your point more viable.

Reactions: AlchemyDawg186
I wonder if Kirby is ok with one of his current players going on social media calling a legend a fool? I guess Coach Dooley will be next?
Don't think Kirby wants to go down that road...

I love you Dash. You're probably one of the very few on here who can have a different political belief and not show it in your stories or posts. You truly seem to see all sides and know how to deal with it. Others don't. Thank you for being you!
Dash has swag. I saw it in that gif someone posted awhile back...

Reactions: Jaydawg98
He didn’t have to say he sounded like a fool, it hurts his point of view. But he has a right to his opinion and that should be respected
It hurt his pov to who? Those who disagree with it would blast him anyway. That didn't change a thing here. They either agree with him or they don't. And on this board, we know most don't agree with him.

Reactions: Slimbmass82
Even though I may agree with Herschel, Rian is entitled to disagree with him. He isn't doing anything wrong.

One can disagree without namecalling and/or bullying the other person.

Problem with America right now is the educators have decided there is only one way to think and anyone who thinks independently needs to be censored and ostracized. Truly a dangerous time to be alive in many ways.

It hurt his pov to who? Those who disagree with it would blast him anyway. That didn't change a thing here. They either agree with him or they don't. And on this board, we know most don't agree with him.

Everyone. Namecalling is the first sign you don't have anything pertinent to say and are basically giving up on your own argument and conceding the debate ....

It’s totally OK. Herschel is entitled to his opinion, but his stance on the issues that matter most to young black men is woefully out of touch with theirs. Like it or not, his support of Trump puts him at odds with the current generation, and I like that Davis isn’t afraid to call him out on his platitudes. Herschel famously grew up struggling with bullying, and these guys feel like he’s betrayed them now by supporting the biggest bully on the block.
Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT