ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday update

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
This is where things stand this morning.

I know all signs (from here and elsewhere) pointed to Haire until Friday when I’m told “something happened.” But I received confirmation that he’s not the guy.
As far as what “something happened” means… can’t tell you. Not sure if that meant something happened with Haire, Haire was not as much a candidate as many were led to believe, or another name popped up, or has been the main target all along.
There has been buzz about Wes Johnson, but that's been around for a bit, as if you remember, he's been on my hot board since Sunday.
To make clear, nobody has told me "Dash, this guy IS going to be the next baseball coach at Georgia." Main sense I get is they want someone with some energy, and adhere to Georgia standards and energetically promote the Bulldog brand.
As far as who the coach will be, I have been told that negotiations are going well and I (personally) will be “very excited about the hire.”
As always, will keep digging.
I do understand that McDonnell and Godwin are not in the picture. I mentioned earlier that per the coaching grapevine (coaches I've talked to, none from UGA)...that McDonnell could be in line for South Carolina if they don't make a super regional, and Vaughn of Maryland is expected to go to Bama.
Will keep everyone updated as more is learned.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News