ADVERTISEMENT

Savannah area golf course recommendations, actually, be in Tybee

JungleRecon

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2011
Don't want to pay over 100.00 a round. I am prepared to drive as I know there is nothing around Tybee.

Wilmington Island Club on Wilmington Island ( DUH ) nice course and closest one to TYB

Wilmington Island Club on Wilmington Island ( DUH ) nice course and closest one to TYB

Agree, WI is a solid course and the only alternative near Tybee. Savannah Harbor is a verygood course, always in good shape, not sure what the tariff is though. Also consider the Norman close out near the airport. Be sure to hit Tubby's in Thunderbolt along the river, just off Victory Drive. Better than the on downtown on Riverstreet, lot of locals, Excellent seafood at fair prices, and good drink prices.

If you want your basic public golf course then go play Bacon Park. It's right off the Truman Parkway. It's reasonably priced and it's a good course. There's all kinds of decent food around there, too, as you finish your round and head back to Tybee.

Mary Calder in Garden City is the PBR of golf courses in Savannah. Bacon Park is your Budweiser when Bud was at it's zenith. Crosswinds and Al Henderson are both good, akin to a Sweet Water or Terrapin.

Reactions: JRD2
Is Mary Calder the onsite course at International Paper? It's def PBR. Of course, you could play your 9 holes there. Ride through the onsite car wash and then head over to Pinkie Master's for a PBR on your way back to Tybee. Heck, make a day of it. Take in a game at Grayson.

Reactions: RedcoatOf94
Southbridge was always my golf course of preference when I couldn't get a friend to get me on Savannah Golf Club on President's Parkway.

Shot the best round of my life at Southbridge walking it one afternoon in 1994.

We lived on the Landings when I was in High School. It's private but if you can make your way on it somehow it has 6 amazing 18 holes courses. Best courses I have ever played.

Go to Crosswinds. Very nice course for the $$$. It was a tick over $50 last time I played, which was a while ago.

Ended up playing Wilmington Island. Got the GolfNow Tee time for 34.00. Course was in really good shape, well worth 34. We were the first two out so knocked out a 2.5 hr round, cant beat that, Thanks for the input guys.

Reactions: duhdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT