ADVERTISEMENT

science agrees, human life begins

cherrydawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2021
at conception.

The American College of Pediatricians concurs with the body of scientific evidence that corroborates that a unique human life starts when the sperm and egg bind to each other in a process of fusion of their respective membranes and a single hybrid cell called a zygote, or one-cell embryo, is created.

As physicians dedicated both to scientific truth and to the Hippocratic tradition, the College values all human lives equally from the moment of conception (fertilization) until natural death. Consistent with its mission to “enable all children to reach their optimal physical and emotional health and well-being,” the College, therefore, opposes active measures23 that would prematurely end the life of any child at any stage of development from conception to natural death.

at conception.

The American College of Pediatricians concurs with the body of scientific evidence that corroborates that a unique human life starts when the sperm and egg bind to each other in a process of fusion of their respective membranes and a single hybrid cell called a zygote, or one-cell embryo, is created.

As physicians dedicated both to scientific truth and to the Hippocratic tradition, the College values all human lives equally from the moment of conception (fertilization) until natural death. Consistent with its mission to “enable all children to reach their optimal physical and emotional health and well-being,” the College, therefore, opposes active measures23 that would prematurely end the life of any child at any stage of development from conception to natural death.

Thank you for sharing that.

The genocidal approach our country has endorsed since 1973 is truly hard to explain from a scientific point of view.

at conception.

I would like to point out that this is not the American Society of Pediatrics which is the largest group for pediatricians. It is a group that is known to be conservative that was founded in the last 20 years and represents a sub-group of pediatricians with a certain world view.

I would like to point out that this is not the American Society of Pediatrics which is the largest group for pediatricians. It is a group that is known to be conservative that was founded in the last 20 years and represents a sub-group of pediatricians with a certain world view.
Thanks for clarifying. I still say a woman's body is her body and the governmnet should not control her body.

Thank you. This was not even difficult to research. The American College of Pediatricians is viewed by some organizations as a hate group and actually supports gay conversion therapy, a practice recognized by every scientifically respected medical organization on the planet as torture. The defining characteristic of every member of the ACP is that they are vehemently anti-abortion. What would you expect a statement from them to say? You might as well ask the Grand Wizard of the KKK what his position is on race relations.

But it serves Cherry's purpose, so all is good.

at conception.

Just to be clear... This is not some all inclusive group of doctors. The American College of Pediatricians is a small politically conservative group with just 500 members.

The name "sounds" big, but its just a small group of conservative medical activists that already shared this viewpoint when they formed their group.

EDIT:... I see several other people already pointed out this is just a small political group. Sorry for being redundant.

But it serves Cherry's purpose, so all is good.
The science is the science. The cells are human cells formed from human cells. To grow they must be living therefore a human being is growing in the womb per Gods plan.

Funny thing how you leftist atheist pick and choose which science you believe. Dims slam climate science down everyone’s throat, the Covid vax science etc etc etc but when science stands between you and your desire to off innocent babies, science doesn’t matter.

Science agrees, those are human cells and they are living. Could not grow otherwise. A baby in the womb is a developing human. Just as a baby that is born grows and changes through its entire life until it dies.

You can say whatever you want but that’s science. You can go along with the crowd that wants to kill babies. The Bible says narrow is the way to heaven and few will find it and broad it the way that lesds to hell and many will go in there. I’m happy to be in the minority on this subject.

here is an excerpt from a Prinston University paper. You may not like it but the science is clear.

II. When does a human being begin?

Getting a handle on just a few basic human embryological terms accurately can considerably clarify the drastic difference between the "scientific" myths that are currently circulating, and the actual objective scientific facts. This would include such basic terms as: "gametogenesis," "oogenesis," "spermatogenesis," "fertilization," "zygote," "embryo," and "blastocyst." Only brief scientific descriptions will be given here for these terms. Further, more complicated, details can be obtained by investigating any well-established human embryology textbook in the library, such as some of those referenced below. Please note that the scientific facts presented here are not simply a matter of my own opinion. They are direct quotes and references from some of the most highly respected human embryology textbooks, and represent a consensus of human embryologists internationally.

A. Basic human embryological facts

To begin with, scientifically something very radical occurs between the processes of gametogenesis and fertilization�the change from a simple part of one human being (i.e., a sperm) and a simple part of another human being (i.e., an oocyte�usually referred to as an "ovum" or "egg"), which simply possess "human life", to a new, genetically unique, newly existing, individual, whole living human being (a single-cell embryonic human zygote). That is, upon fertilization, parts of human beings have actually been transformed into something very different from what they were before; they have been changed into a single, whole human being. During the process of fertilization, the sperm and the oocyte cease to exist as such, and a new human being is produced.​

Just to be clear... This is not some all inclusive group of doctors. The American College of Pediatricians is a small politically conservative group with just 500 members.

The name "sounds" big, but its just a small group of conservative medical activists that already shared this viewpoint when they formed their group.

EDIT:... I see several other people already pointed out this is just a small political group. Sorry for being redundant.
From Prinston University:

Getting a handle on just a few basic human embryological terms accurately can considerably clarify the drastic difference between the "scientific" myths that are currently circulating, and the actual objective scientific facts. This would include such basic terms as: "gametogenesis," "oogenesis," "spermatogenesis," "fertilization," "zygote," "embryo," and "blastocyst." Only brief scientific descriptions will be given here for these terms. Further, more complicated, details can be obtained by investigating any well-established human embryology textbook in the library, such as some of those referenced below. Please note that the scientific facts presented here are not simply a matter of my own opinion. They are direct quotes and references from some of the most highly respected human embryology textbooks, and represent a consensus of human embryologists internationally.

To begin with, scientifically something very radical occurs between the processes of gametogenesis and fertilization�the change from a simple part of one human being (i.e., a sperm) and a simple part of another human being (i.e., an oocyte�usually referred to as an "ovum" or "egg"), which simply possess "human life", to a new, genetically unique, newly existing, individual, whole living human being (a single-cell embryonic human zygote). That is, upon fertilization, parts of human beings have actually been transformed into something very different from what they were before; they have been changed into a single, whole human being. During the process of fertilization, the sperm and the oocyte cease to exist as such, and a new human being is produced.

You leftist may want to disagree but it just makes you wrong aggain.​

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Thank you. This was not even difficult to research. The American College of Pediatricians is viewed by some organizations as a hate group and actually supports gay conversion therapy, a practice recognized by every scientifically respected medical organization on the planet as torture. The defining characteristic of every member of the ACP is that they are vehemently anti-abortion. What would you expect a statement from them to say? You might as well ask the Grand Wizard of the KKK what his position is on race relations.
excerpt from Prinston University... I know we have to be careful and make sure to post info from super liberal places here are you leftist will just dismiss it.
Thanks for clarifying. I still say a woman's body

To begin with, scientifically something very radical occurs between the processes of gametogenesis and fertilization�the change from a simple part of one human being (i.e., a sperm) and a simple part of another human being (i.e., an oocyte�usually referred to as an "ovum" or "egg"), which simply possess "human life", to a new, genetically unique, newly existing, individual, whole living human being (a single-cell embryonic human zygote). That is, upon fertilization, parts of human beings have actually been transformed into something very different from what they were before; they have been changed into a single, whole human being. During the process of fertilization, the sperm and the oocyte cease to exist as such, and a new human being is produced.​

To begin with, scientifically something very radical occurs between the processes of gametogenesis and fertilization�the change from a simple part of one human being (i.e., a sperm) and a simple part of another human being (i.e., an oocyte�usually referred to as an "ovum" or "egg"), which simply possess "human life", to a new, genetically unique, newly existing, individual, whole living human being (a single-cell embryonic human zygote). That is, upon fertilization, parts of human beings have actually been transformed into something very different from what they were before; they have been changed into a single, whole human being. During the process of fertilization, the sperm and the oocyte cease to exist as such, and a new human being is produced.

That is a solid source. There was also a landmark poll of 5500 biologists done by a study at Northwestern. That poll found that about 96% of biologists surveyed believed life began at conception. I can't speak for others that have been arguing with you on this subject, but the science is sound. Those that argue that point shouldn't. Viability outside the wound could be argued, but I suspect technology will continue to move that number back. It already has.

Frankly, I am tired of the machinations over this topic. The best thing to do would be to have a national referendum, like Ireland did. Ideally, the only ones who should be allowed to vote are the ones who would have to bear the burden, one way or another...women. I would respect their decision, much like I do now. That, of course, is a pipe dream.

Uh, I'm not a leftist... and I'm not sure what anything you responded to me with has to do with my post about the American College of Pediatricians being a very, very small politically oriented fringe group (they are).

Uh, I'm not a leftist... and I'm not sure what anything you responded to me with has to do with my post about the American College of Pediatricians being a very, very small politically oriented fringe group (they are).
Don't worry - your post was appropriate. Welcome to his world.

it has to do with the fact that you are trying to dispute the science in defense of a leftwing rallying cry.. Again it does not matter the size of the group quoted. The Prinston paper talks about the preponderance of embryological texts and studies agree that life begins at conception. Something you tried to dispute by claiming my info came from a "fringe" group. You act like a leftist you are a leftist. Your argument is exactly that of a leftist. They all cast dispersions on sources, call them fringe conspiracy sites etc when the info proves their position wrong. If you don't want to be called a leftist don't act like one. Here you go. A quote from the paper proving your explanation of the statement not correct becasue it came from a small fringe group.

And I quote:
Please note that the scientific facts presented here are not simply a matter of my own opinion. They are direct quotes and references from some of the most highly respected human embryology textbooks, and represent a consensus of human embryologists internationally.

At least they had the guts to tell people they are killing a human being when an abortion is performed.

Now sir you should apologize for trying to mislead people with your leftist complaint that the group I quoted was only politically motivated.

it has to do with the fact that you are trying to dispute the science in defense of a leftwing rallying cry.. Again it does not matter the size of the group quoted. The Prinston paper talks about the preponderance of embryological texts and studies agree that life begins at conception. Something you tried to dispute by claiming my info came from a "fringe" group. You act like a leftist you are a leftist. Your argument is exactly that of a leftist. They all cast dispersions on sources, call them fringe conspiracy sites etc when the info proves their position wrong. If you don't want to be called a leftist don't act like one. Here you go. A quote from the paper proving your explanation of the statement not correct becasue it came from a small fringe group.

And I quote:
Please note that the scientific facts presented here are not simply a matter of my own opinion. They are direct quotes and references from some of the most highly respected human embryology textbooks, and represent a consensus of human embryologists internationally.

At least they had the guts to tell people they are killing a human being when an abortion is performed.

Now sir you should apologize for trying to mislead people with your leftist complaint that the group I quoted was only politically motivated.
Were the sperm and the egg not alive before they combined? Technically they were…

Also, if the sperm and egg don’t attach to the uterine wall, is that not a natural abortion?

Does IVF constitute a life? Is it a life before it is implanted? If it doesn’t result in a successful implantation, then is that a human death?

The idea that life begins at conception is just wrong. Life is a continuum.

Were the sperm and the egg not alive before they combined? Technically they were…

Also, if the sperm and egg don’t attach to the uterine wall, is that not a natural abortion?

Does IVF constitute a life? Is it a life before it is implanted? If it doesn’t result in a successful implantation, then is that a human death?

The idea that life begins at conception is just wrong. Life is a continuum.

Read the science sir. You are wrong. There is a fantastic explanation that refutes your points that is posted above.

You lefty’s love science as long as you can get a few scientist to agree with you on global warming. Lol at the contortions you will go through when the preponderance disagrees with you.

A miscarriage is not the murder of an innocent by choice. WOW at just how far you are willing to go to soothe your conscience about murdering human innocent babies. SMH

Reactions: DerkDawg1027
Generally my concept of a human is actually cognitive. What goes on in our brain is what makes us human. M really not open to entertaining restrictions on anything short of viability without heroic medical intervention. If you can safely give birth to a healthy baby then we’ll talk.

at conception.

And yet pro-lifers fully support and indeed use fertility clinics to get pregnant constantly and discard fertilized eggs like trash if they don't need them.

The science is the science. The cells are human cells formed from human cells. To grow they must be living therefore a human being is growing in the womb per Gods plan.

Funny thing how you leftist atheist pick and choose which science you believe. Dims slam climate science down everyone’s throat, the Covid vax science etc etc etc but when science stands between you and your desire to off innocent babies, science doesn’t matter.

Science agrees, those are human cells and they are living. Could not grow otherwise. A baby in the womb is a developing human. Just as a baby that is born grows and changes through its entire life until it dies.

You can say whatever you want but that’s science. You can go along with the crowd that wants to kill babies. The Bible says narrow is the way to heaven and few will find it and broad it the way that lesds to hell and many will go in there. I’m happy to be in the minority on this subject.
There you go again trying to call something “living” without any proof of independent viability. That’s not science and a small group of anti whatever doctors doesn’t make it so. Sorry, nice try but a fail nonetheless.

Read the science sir. You are wrong. There is a fantastic explanation that refutes your points that is posted above.

You lefty’s love science as long as you can get a few scientist to agree with you on global warming. Lol at the contortions you will go through when the preponderance disagrees with you.

A miscarriage is not the murder of an innocent by choice. WOW at just how far you are willing to go to soothe your conscience about murdering human innocent babies. SMH
"a few scientists to agree with you on global warming"? You do realize the number has gone to 99.9%? The science is actually more clear and more agreed on concerning climate science than it is on when life begins.

And I quote:

I made no comment on any aspect of science... My only comment was on this organization you cite.

You're passing off an opinion of a very, very small teeny tiny politically motivated group as scientific fact as if a consensus of all doctors in the field of pediatrics agrees with it. That's not remotely the case.

This group is in fact "only politically motivated" as you say. Their sole reason for forming is their conservative political beliefs and they even state this themselves.

There you go again trying to call something “living” without any proof of independent viability. That’s not science and a small group of anti whatever doctors doesn’t make it so. Sorry, nice try but a fail nonetheless.
Staunch Catholics take it seriously and show that it's not just for show to them. They use the menstrual cycle to avoid pregnancy, are dead set against fertility clinics, and don't use any kind of contraception along with their life begins at conception stance.
I don't agree with them but I have a lot more respect for them than someone that just picks and chooses what they want off of the life at conception buffet.

Thanks for clarifying. I still say a woman's body is her body and the governmnet should not control her body.
What about the female body inside of the females body?

You were never a part of your mother. You were always your own separate being.

Women do not get a free pass to murder their children because they are women. GTFO with that.

What about the female body inside of the females body?

You were never a part of your mother. You were always your own separate being.

Women do not get a free pass to murder their children because they are women. GTFO with that.
If you all really believe this is millions/billions murdered, can I ask a question?
Would the non Jewish Germans that were against the murder of Jews been okay if they had just voted every four years against the Nazis, hoping that whoever they could get elected president/chancellor (or whatever Hitler was called) would change the Supreme Court and stop the concentration camps in some of the regions. Would that have been enough? Or do you think they could have done more?
This isn't to say that you don't think abortion is immoral. But when you equate it to murder, I mean I get that it makes the pro choice people savage murderers, but what exactly does that say about the majority of the right?
As a prof in an ethics class once said. "If I believed almost every abortion was the same as murdering a newborn, I couldn't sleep at night. I'd go to my boss first thing and quit my job and pour every resource and moment of life I had into stopping it. I'm a pacifist, so I'm not talking about blowing up abortion clinics. But there aren't a lot of things worth dying for in life. That would be one I think. " That's not word for word as it was decades ago, but pretty close.

Last edited:
so you disagree?

Staunch Catholics take it seriously and show that it's not just for show to them. They use the menstrual cycle to avoid pregnancy, are dead set against fertility clinics, and don't use any kind of contraception along with their life begins at conception stance.
I don't agree with them but I have a lot more respect for them than someone that just picks and chooses what they want off of the life at conception buffet.

• Haha
Reactions: nice marmot
If you can safely give birth to a healthy baby then we’ll talk.
Recently I have been made aware of the fact that even men can have babies, so everyone gets a say in it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kckd

And I quote:

One final note to add to help facilitate closure to this thread... (not closure on the debate of course as its destined to go on 'til the end of time).

As stated previously the group that OP cited in his original post, the American College of Pediatricians, is in fact a tiny politically motivated group with a total membership of around 500 people.

The actual real professional group that represents the field of Pediatrics is the American Academy of Pediatrics with 67,000 members and they actually support access to abortions.

Read their statement on their position here...

https://www.aap.org/en/patient-care...l-youth/the-importance-of-access-to-abortion/

Make of this what you will.

One final note to add to help facilitate closure to this thread... (not closure on the debate of course as its destined to go on 'til the end of time).

As stated previously the group that OP cited in his original post, the American College of Pediatricians, is in fact a tiny politically motivated group with a total membership of around 500 people.

The actual real professional group that represents the field of Pediatrics is the American Academy of Pediatrics with 67,000 members and they actually support access to abortions.

https://www.aap.org/en/patient-care...l-youth/the-importance-of-access-to-abortion/

AAP is not a non-political organization either. In fact, as they became more political and were obviously left leaning, people left and formed a new organization called...American College of Pediatricians. So, it's disingenuous to point to one group and say they are political and the other one isn't. ACP is new and growing as doctors disagree with the leftward move of the AAP.

AAP has many more members because it is the legacy organization that most pediatricians belong to for information and business purposes but suggesting that represent all of those with their political views is being naive.

• Haha
Reactions: BeachDawg

that statement has nothing to do with when life begins. I am sorry you think being in the majority opinion makes you right. Some recent examples of being in the majority and being totally wrong:

1. Voting Trump as the primary winner in 2016
2. Voting for Biden in 2020

The point here is when life begins. It begins at conception. I have posted multiple sources that agree.
secondly. the killing of a living human baby is wrong per the Bible.
thirdly, if you can't prove life does not begin at conception, stop trying to sway people to believe incorrectly by throwing crap on the wall that is not about the op.

Can you not understand that the vast majority of textbooks and embryologist agree that life begins at conception?

If you happen to believe in the wrong imaginary God, then the Bible is perfectly ok with murder.
here you go... not that it matters to you or for you. You have made your bed and will live with the consequences.

No God is not perfectly ok with the murder of innocents.

What he is, is a just God and will punish those that disobey. That should be a dreadful thought for you.

here you go... not that it matters to you or for you. You have made your bed and will live with the consequences.

No God is not perfectly ok with the murder of innocents.

What he is, is a just God and will punish those that disobey. That should be a dreadful thought for you.

Then why has gawd allowed millions of innocents people to die?
Stop the stupidity. A collection of cells isn't a person.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Then why has gawd allowed millions of innocents people to die?
Stop the stupidity. A collection of cells isn't a person.
Your statement is so void of understanding I know a response to you is useless but here is the answer. God created us with free will. When Adam and Eve used their free will to bring sin into the world rather than obeying God, death followed.

I'm pretty sure you want bother to check this out, but you should. Might save your soul.

God and science disagree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawgX
Your statement is so void of understanding I know a response to you is useless but here is the answer. God created us with free will. When Adam and Eve used their free will to bring sin into the world rather than obeying God, death followed.

I'm pretty sure you want bother to check this out, but you should. Might save your soul.

God and science disagree with you.
You think scientist believe there was an Adam and Eve? It is impossible to do anything but shake my head in wonder at the belief in fairytales.

You think scientist believe there was an Adam and Eve? It is impossible to do anything but shake my head in wonder at the belief in fairytales.
So you think the world and all its wonders, and the human species with its incredibly complex body that science still doesn't fully understand just appeared out of nothing? A big explosion maybe? Talk about believing in fairytales and wizardry.

I'm glad all you atheist are outing yourselves. I see celtic has even put his stamp of approval on your anti God statements. That helps explain why so many libs are so evil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT