ADVERTISEMENT

See where Bubba Watson....

He is in a no win situation. If he left it on that's all the media would talk about every weekend and
they would make him out to be a Georgia redneck. I'd expect to see the usual suspects organize
protest groups to follow him around the course shouting obscenities every weekend. Made for TV
stuff in their opinion.

It's up to the rest of us to fight the battle over the flag being about pride in our Southern heritage rather
than klan type hate against blacks today as portrayed by race baiters among the liberal left.

He is in a no win situation. If he left it on that's all the media would talk about every weekend and
they would make him out to be a Georgia redneck. I'd expect to see the usual suspects organize
protest groups to follow him around the course shouting obscenities every weekend. Made for TV
stuff in their opinion.

It's up to the rest of us to fight the battle over the flag being about pride in our Southern heritage rather
than klan type hate against blacks today as portrayed by race baiters among the liberal left.

Agreed to some extent: It is better to combat ignorance of history with education than with capitulation. however.

Reactions: Anthony Dasher
would have told the media to mind their business. That car is a iconic. No different than someone being asked to take down a statue or monument. Surprised he conformed.

Reactions: dawgshiz
Hell if he's going PC he should go all out and change it to an ISIS or Rainbow flag. Just silly PC BS. But as wayx said, that's the society we live in today, its the POSOTUS society of ignorance and stupidity.....the whole Country has gone fullblown moonbat

Hope he gets the yips. No one even knows that he owns the General Lee. Sell it if you don't like it, was reading comments from NYT article and black people think this is stupid also. "It is not virtuous to be offended"

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
National Park service just took confederate flag down from Fort Sumter... no historical significance there. I guess we just lost again.

"The first step in liquidating a people is to erase its memory. Destroy its books, its culture, its history." --Milan Kundera

Reactions: SugahDawgette
He should change his name from Bubba since it has a southern slant to it...might offend someone who thinks it's racist. Skippy might be a good name instead.

....is painting over the Confederate Flag on the "General Lee" and replacing it with the American Flag.

Don't think we should be flying the confederate flag at government buildings but painting over it on a TV movie car is stupid. If he owned a ww2 relic tiger tank with a swastika on it, would he paint over it? Think not.

stuff in their opinion.

I'll let the confederate vice president, Alexander Stephens, tell you in his own words what the confederate flag symbolized:

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

Is this something to be proud of? Is there any honor in this?

Reactions: shonuff253
Bubba needs to grow a pair and tell the PC police to f off. For the moment he does still have the freedom of free speech.

I'll let the confederate vice president, Alexander Stephens, tell you in his own words what the confederate flag symbolized:

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

Is this something to be proud of? Is there any honor in this?

Um, not the same flag Mr Professor . I'm sure your students are getting their money's worth. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT