ADVERTISEMENT

Sharia law coming to Seattle?

Saw that yesterday. Brilliant. We need someone with the sack to stand up and make it known that Sharia bullshit doesn't belong in the U.S. and actually follow through with more than an empassioned speech.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
i dont see how this brings Sharia Law to a US City...it's the formatting of some bank loans so people of the Muslim faith can keep their religion. why is this a problem?
That just opens the door for more. little pieces at a time until it is too late. Same thing that is happening to our freedom. Take little by little until it's gone and the sheep are left scratching their heads wondering what just happened

i dont see how this brings Sharia Law to a US City...it's the formatting of some bank loans so people of the Muslim faith can keep their religion. why is this a problem?

Sharia Law is just flat out unacceptable. Move to the caliphate of you're down with that action.

Where do you draw the line? I suppose if I claim to be Rastafarian then the state of Georgia can't arrest me for pot possession? What if I start my own religion and institute some outlandish caveats to force businesses to capitulate to my demands simply to accommodate my religious beliefs? The issue with Shariah Law is that once you let in part, the demand will be made to let it in completely. That might work in the greater Detroit Caliphate, but it doesn't fly anywhere else.

Where do you draw the line? I suppose if I claim to be Rastafarian then the state of Georgia can't arrest me for pot possession? What if I start my own religion and institute some outlandish caveats to force businesses to capitulate to my demands simply to accommodate my religious beliefs? The issue with Shariah Law is that once you let in part, the demand will be made to let it in completely. That might work in the greater Detroit Caliphate, but it doesn't fly anywhere else.

Christians seek to ram their thoughts and religion down the throats of others all the time. We know what you are really afraid of and it has nothing to do with losing your imagined freedoms.

I don't identify as a Christian - not the religious type. What I can tell you is that when we start making business decisions based on faith, we are headed down a slippery slope. If you want to start throwing out personal attacks, we can go down that road. On the other hand, feel free to contribute something substantive to the discussion - that is if you're capable.

I don't identify as a Christian - not the religious type. What I can tell you is that when we start making business decisions based on faith, we are headed down a slippery slope. If you want to start throwing out personal attacks, we can go down that road. On the other hand, feel free to contribute something substantive to the discussion - that is if you're capable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT