ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Shout out to all the medical professionals

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
I get many of us have had issues with a doctors office or an insurance issue or a medical person who is either too busy, too dismissive or too overworked.

And we rightly complain about those people, just like we do about bad waiters, or contractors or crappy journalists.

Yesterday I was at the ER with my 84-year-old aunt. She's like a mother to me after my own passed when I was 2. She speaks perfect English even though she is Palestinian. She went to a Quaker boarding school and worked for years as a translator. She's lived in the States for 50 yards. But at 84 and suffering from what she thought was a stroke (it wasn't), she was not the easiest person to understand.

The nurse and doctor at Piedmont in Covington did an excellent job looking after her and taking time with her. Of course, it took forever. And I would not say, from experience, the same courtesy would have been extended if she had gone to the Piedmont in Conyers. So I salute Dr. Cooper and Tommy the paramedic as they made an old lady's day. And by extension, the day of her very nervous nephew.

So for all you medical people on here who just all sorts of crap all day every day, I want to say thank you for the moments of relief you bring.

(Except for my senior year physical therapist - you heartless bastard)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News