ADVERTISEMENT

so, what did Kirby say about UGAS drug policy?

He said it's bogus, F.. THE MAN !!
Now I'm obliged to report Him to My new Illuminati Fellows.

He said the policy was above him, Jere discussed with him in the interview.

In a serious vein, I would have been disappointed if Our leaders had bowed to pressure. Whether it's ultimately the best policy, these decisions should always be made independent of football considerations.

I will write the release for them, my fictional one goes like this:

"After much reflection, The UGA Athletic Department has decided that a "one size fits all" approach to disciplinary measures is not the best fit for our student athletes, therefore, we are putting discipline back in our Head Coach's hands to handle how they see fit. We will no longer allow the press to try our student athletes in the court of public opinion. These are personal matters that will be handled as such."

Would be as simple as that and move forward. I would slip it in right after the spring game, it is idiotic the way it is now.

"After much reflection, The UGA Athletic Department has decided that a "one size fits all" approach to disciplinary measures is not the best fit for our student athletes, therefore, we are putting discipline back in our Head Coach's hands to handle how they see fit. We will no longer allow the press to try our student athletes in the court of public opinion. These are personal matters that will be handled as such."

Would be as simple as that and move forward. I would slip it in right after the spring game, it is idiotic the way it is now.

Except one correction "After much reflection, the ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION OF WHOM A LARGE PORTION ARE PROFESSORS WHO HATE THE $$ FOOTBALL BRINGS IN FOR ATHLETICS AND ONLY GIVING 5 MILLION OR SO TO THE UGA GEN FUND each year, BOR AND OTHER MONEYBAGS" has decided.............Just sayin'.

I'd rather these minor cases not be so public, but it shouldn't be left to the HC to decide punishment.
When it comes to student conduct, one size fits all is another way to say equal under the law, which is as it should be.

May be overthinking this but is it odd the prez discusses mary jane policy during interview?

I don't think you are over thinking and I DO think odd, but Adams put into place, BOR and others like/want it (who Jere reports to), so it's here to stay. All they can do is continue to preach to get it everywhere else. Kind of like they did with academics after the Kemp fiasco.

You got to remember..........After the fiasco with Dooley, Adams was doing/saying anything/everything to stay in the graces of the BOR and a few donors. And now that they were allowed INTO athletics, cemente their feet plainly into athletics for last 10 yrs, I don't see them taking them out.

All I know is we better control the Clark country pd and the campus police

We finally have leadership. Vince Dooley was a joke when it came to values, why He gets a pass is beyond me.
To all of You whose only concern is football, why not follow The NFL ? It at least doesn't pretend to be about anything other than business.

Kirby is just a coach, nothing more. He should have no say whatsoever where school policy is concerned.

On a semi-related note: I think the new staff should give all football players modified life alerts to wear downtown. Drunk and need a ride? Press the button. Gotta piss and that bank parking lot wall is looking mighty inviting? Press the button. Girl invites you to frick in the bathroom and insists you use the condom she brought? Press the button. Find your scooter suspiciously parked in an alley and you will have to drive it out? Press the button. Teammate wants to buy a bag from the guy on the corner? Press the button. Ex-girlfriend shows up anywhere within eye shot? Press the button. Slam Sedan pulls up with foggy windows? Press the button.

Kirbys team, should be his responsibility, the athletes are his responsibility....don't make it more than it is. It presumes too much....like he won't take care of the issue.

I think dealing with things on a case by case basis makes more sense as the circumstances are rarely the Sam's or cut and dry...

Kirbys team, should be his responsibility, the athletes are his responsibility....don't make it more than it is. It presumes too much....like he won't take care of the issue.

I think dealing with things on a case by case basis makes more sense as the circumstances are rarely the Sam's or cut and dry...

Kirby is an employee of UGA, a very well paid employee, but He is A COACH, not a policy maker.
I have a hard time understanding why some people want to be fans of a UGA team, but have no interest in The school's responsibilities to student athletes.

Letting The HC decide what is punished and what the punishment should be would be a huge conflict of interest. It's exactly what sends so many programs down the wrong path.

Let Kirby have control over how He coaches and Who He signs, let educators and administrators handle what They were hired for.

Also this is NOT ''Kirby's team'', He has the privilege and responsibility to coach UGA students.
If He wants to be emperor, He can probably head back to Gumpville when Saban retires.

This is Kirby's team and this is the new Georgia way, if you don't like it, get the fok out....

Douche Nozzle administrators have been our problem since the late 80s but we have still had major scandals on their watch....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT