ADVERTISEMENT

Some Gator tears to cheer you up...

rednblack4life

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2018
I've seen a lot of gnashing of teeth over a few things not going our way recently, so I figured what would be better to cheer us up than some delicious Gator tears. Drink up ladies and gents!

(On Princely Umanmielen reportedly transfering to Mizzou)

"We are a feeder system foe mizzo🤣"

"Just remember there’s 31 million reasons Billy is still here and not a single one more."

"$31M can buy yourself a ton of recruits, instead we have boosters that would rather allocate those funds to paying buyouts then the players, unfair that 1 booster is forking 76% of the NIL budget its unsustainable"

"I agree that the waters Billy is navigating are tricky and new, but...

-we had the talent to win 7+ games in both of his first 2 seasons and we found ways to lose. Especially this year

-no such thing as setting you back by four years anymore. If Billy is already rebuilding his rebuild within 2 years, then the truth is that with all the new ways to acquire talent, almost every year is a new team from the year before anyways"

"We can’t wait around until 2026 for this rebuild to finally start working… Results matter & ours are not good! Recruiting class is falling apart & portal players don’t wanna come here. This team is not getting better & I absolutely hate to say that"

"i would agree with most. but the big flag for me. the staff cost us 2 games this year. would have flipped the dynamic of the season and the staff blew it. hope your right.."

"The rest of teams in the country are not going to stop and let us catch up. We are progressing very slowly, if you can even call a regressing in the W-L column progression.

Billy is backed into the corner of hitting the QB jackpot to fix the missteps that have gotten us to this point of zero momentum in any aspect of the program"

"At what point do we stop blaming the coaches...
I cussed Billy and some of the other coaches as much as anyone this past season. And they deserve a lot of blame. But guys this is just rinse and repeat. Not even saying the staff shouldn’t get let go if things don’t improve on yhe field next year. But it better not stop there. This is an athletic program problem. Anyone involved better be on the hot seat."

"Anybody expecting the offense to improve with this OL group, OL coaches and our home run RB gone are setting themselves up for failure."

"OL summary:

Our fat guys are too fat, and our skinny guys are too skinny.. but NONE of our guys are just right.

Strength and conditioning needs to improve a ton."

"Need a huge improvement on our OL. Or perhaps a few more OL coaches."

"Nape has shown who he is. Don’t let insiders come here and claim things are going to change, or be reset, etc. He hasn’t made adjustments the first month, 6 months, a year, 2 years. Hes got a plan that’s has been slow, and not working. We are sticking to it"

"Is this us being aggressive in the portal? Because this is straight trash."

"Napier isn’t moving slow in portal…..

He’s trying hard but we just can’t get any interest from the top portal players. I made a post on this same subject when the season ended that it was going to be hard to recruit high school prospects and top portal targets. Most good players don’t want to play for a program with a coach on a hot seat and back 2 back losing seasons. This isn’t rocket science. I’m not sure why some are shocked.

And then the next kicker is he’s going to have a very hard time putting together a good 2025 recruiting class for the same reasons above. He doesn’t have much to sell and we aren’t going to overpay for players nor can we."

"For months people have been pointing to the portal as what we needed to fix our talent problem - because it is never the coaches, it is always talent that is our problem. But now, with the chance to bring in talent, we can't seem to do it.

At what point do we admit the coaches have to get this done? At what point is there some admission that what NEEDS to be done for this program just simply isn't getting done?"

"Billy is 2 years too late with his sense of urgency. Roster should have been cleared out of all the fat from day 1 and start recruiting actual SEC players with a purpose. He acted like he was going to get a pass on years 2-3 just because. Roster needed to be flipped big time and he sat on his hands thinking he could win big with AR instead of doing the reset that was needed."

"The 5-star is gonna have an incredible amount of fun scrambling for his life being the OL talent that we're currently bringing in lmao. Pretty sure the class falls to like 14th if we lose X and AW."

"I Imagine it is a hard sell when you deliver horrible on field performances like we’ve seen the past two years. Not to mention the asinine coaching blunders, questionable play calls, etc.. Literally just had to not royally screw up this season and we had the #3 recruiting class."

"So not only are we a very poorly coached team, we are also unable to bring talent in. What are we doing here? This is like watching a ship sink in super slow motion."

"I dont believe Billy thought he could miss bowls the first 3 years. I know he lowered expectations from day 1 (huge red flag), but no way he thought it was going to be this bad. Probably thought we had to be "patient" with 7 to 9 win type seasons until he "got his guys"

Either way, it's been an epic failure so far. 11 more months. We'll be back one day"

"Which is also why the fan base has been turning on him more and more as time goes on as well. It’s easy to buy in to ”patience” if there are things easy to point to in regards to progress.

Patience is all worn out after having a worse second season than first with nothing on field to prove we’re heading in the right direction

I remember early in the season Jason had a poll about if a game was a “must win” and I got killed for saying that every single game we play is a must win. The rationale was that you need every game to buy good will going forwards. The more games you lose, the less you have left in the emotional bank account to withdraw from"

"We're a different kind of bad tho. We're bad because we're dysfunctional, not because we have no talent. I was hopeful that we'd see something different from Billy after the season because some things needed to be different, but I'm so disappointed in what I see. You'd think he'd be running around with his hair on fire visiting kids and getting them in. And don't get me started on the coaching hires..."

"If we win 8 next year he should get an extension. Probably a higher chance of 3 wins than 8."

"We suck
Face it"

"Program is in free fall. I wish him luck but I’m sure he will be back in the sun belt or whatever next year."

"Positive vibes did not help us last year with blocking, tackling and execution.

Recruiting was supposed to be his strength. That gave us hope despite our struggles through the year. When we were top 5 recruiting, then ok, we're banking on the future. If we wind up in the 15 area, yikes.

Yes, the portal and NIL are novel, but they are so for everyone. If we are slow to adjust to the landscape, that's on us.

It just seems like some people are whistling through the graveyard on this.

I don't think we are being negative so much as things do appear by many objective measures, dire."

"Mertz can’t fix the horrific roster management, softness of the strength and conditioning, or the lack of o line or defense.

So yeah mertz may have a great year next year on the way to 4 wins. Hate it for him."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News