ADVERTISEMENT

The average American has no idea what the 4th of July is

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
It is embarrassing to listen to speakers at events during the day.

We have forgotten our history and those who gave theirs lives to free us from British rule. Those who founded this great country.

Really, really stupid we have become.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg

We have forgotten our history and those who gave theirs lives to free us from British rule. Those who founded this great country.

What do you base this ridiculous idea on?

What do you base this ridiculous idea on?

I base this ridiculous idea on listening to the radio and hearing the DJ's talking about the day being about recognizing and appreciating our soldiers, vets and those who lost their lives in service.

It's not about that. It is about us honoring our struggle, fight and successful independence from England. It is about us passing down our history, our story as a country.

The problem is that now, we have stopped teaching our history, and that is a shame.

When was the last time anyone called it independence day? Most kids now have no clue.

Yep, I am pretty ridiculous.

I base this ridiculous idea on listening to the radio and hearing the DJ's talking about the day being about recognizing and appreciating our soldiers, vets and those who lost their lives in service.

It's not about that. It is about us honoring our struggle, fight and successful independence from England. It is about us passing down our history, our story as a country.

The problem is that now, we have stopped teaching our history, and that is a shame.

When was the last time anyone called it independence day? Most kids now have no clue.

Yep, I am pretty ridiculous.
A DJ....on the radio ....:eek:

It's everywhere. Pretty pathetic Imo. Every holiday isn't about the military, it is political correctness crap! Every vet shouldn't be honored and every soldier isn't a hero, there are several Shitbags amongst our ranks. People do it on Memorial day too. It swings both ways though, I see some troops milking it for all its worth. BTW I am military.

It's everywhere. Pretty pathetic Imo. Every holiday isn't about the military, it is political correctness crap! Every vet shouldn't be honored and every soldier isn't a hero, there are several Shitbags amongst our ranks. People do it on Memorial day too. It swings both ways though, I see some troops milking it for all its worth. BTW I am military.

Thanks for your service!

Yeah, it is pretty sad that American laziness has extended to holidays. Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day are all interchangeable to many people these days.

There is now the obligatory statement of purpose before all of the festivities of the each of those holidays. Perhaps that extends from the other side of the coin where you have the poo poo police who chime in while others are having a good time to remind them that many brave people lost their lives protecting our freedoms. So right in the middle of a good time everyone has that awkward feeling of wanting to continue enjoying themselves but still paying respect to those who have sacrificed.

Speak for yourself-not others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT