ADVERTISEMENT

The final word on Bruce Pearl....

BarkingBulldawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2007
Only because this place has gotten slowwwww despite a conference tournament! What?!?!?!? This is sure to rouse some folks.

So here's my (and therefore an accurate
3dgrin.r191677.gif
) portrayal of Pearl.

The man is a good coach. He is a superior recruiter (partly because he bends rules) but there is not doubt that he has a "way with people". Still, his abilities as a game coach should not be diminished....many people have recruited players...Pearl does a pretty decent job coaching em up, too.

He and Mark Fox are now what....3-3 head to head? 4-4? Whatever it is, it's tied. I don't think you can argue overall, Pearl has had better players with which to work going back to Tennessee. Soon, with what's coming in, the players Fox has will be as talented or more than the ones Pearl gets to AU. They'll also be good kids ready to play in our system and not knuckle heads.

Bottom line: I'll take our coach all day.

Let's put this to rest once and for all. That said, in fairness, I've given Bruce his due and he deserves some credit for being, well, whatever he is. And let's face it, Auburn truly is the perfect spot for him. He should never leave.

I'll take this guy.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News