ADVERTISEMENT

The hoops board has really been enjoyable this season

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
that is what a 11-3 start can do for attitudes. I'm going to propose a suggestion, and some may find it ironic coming from me due my tendency over the years to engage in some, shall we say, spirited, extended debates. Many of the longer running episodes started with someone making what I felt was either a preposterous take, a dishonest one, or a personal attack on a player. Thankfully most of those have faded away over the last years.

This is going to be an up and down year. We're in for an emotional ride and it will be much more "fun" to come here to talk, debate and yes argue about what we see happening with our Coach and players if we can keep a couple things in mind. 1) No personal attacks on players or coaches. Strong criticism, even if off the mark, is not a personal attack. 2) Making absolute statements about a player such as he cannot dribble, shoot, play D, rebound etc. All of our players can do these things to a certain extent and a realistic evaluation of a player is more fair to the player and less likely to elicit a harsh response from me, or anyone. 3) Try not to exaggerate. That is basically what I mean by dishonest. Recently someone posted about Justin "in his head he thinks he's Alan Iverson and thinks that he is one of our premiere scorers", along with a couple more ridiculous statements. IMO, that kind of stuff adds nothing to the quality of discourse most here want on the hoops board. We all know there are going to be posters from the other board coming here with inane takes, especially when we lose. Just have to consider the source on those.

If a guy has a horrible game and you want to say that...ok, but maybe some follow up comments as to why. If a guy goes 0-10 and you want to make a very critical remark about his shooting, at least that game, of course that's fair. If you think CMW made a bad move, or didn't make a good one, try to be concise and offer and alternative strategy if you have one.

We've seen enough of CMW and these young men to now they are high quality people deserving of our support and respect. I have enjoyed this board and the knowledgeable posters who have given me a place to talk hoops about my favorite team, and some others. I am going to do my best to understand that some folks give an honest, respectful opinion, who have no idea WTF BB is all about and count to 1000 before replying. Gonna be an interesting year. Go dogs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News