ADVERTISEMENT

The Saban System

LawDawg86

GATA
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2015
When UGA hired CKS, we all hoped that UGA would become Bama East as he brought the Saban/Smart System to Athens. That is exactly what happened with fantastic results.

I feared that when Satan retired, they would select a Saban/Smart disciple who would fairly seamlessly continue the system in T-Town. I believe that is why Lanning was the first choice ... he would have brought in a system that would have meshed very closely with what Saban has in place now.

This does not appear to be happening, and I am elated. With T-Rob coming to UGA, it appears that DeBoer will bring his system with him. That's good news, as his system won't be as good as what Saban had in place. No doubt he will learn from Saban and make some changes, but it's not like he will make wholesale changes to his system ... he has to do what he knows to do, not try and be Saban 2.0. And BeBoer 2.0 <<<< Saban 16.0. It's not even close.

This is the best possible outcome that we could have. Many here keep saying that Alabama will still be Alabama and that they won't suddenly fall off a cliff. While I somewhat agree with that assessment, no one needs Alabama to go off a cliff. They have been at the top of the world with no. 1 recruiting class after class. They have never taken the field without being the most talented team on the field in almost 2 decades. Those days are gone ... they will now have schools like UGA, LSU, Ole Miss, UT, OU, and others who will close the gap over the next few years. When that happens, they will find out they aren't as "lucky" as they have been in the past. We don't need them to fall off a cliff - we hung with them when they were at the top. We will be the most talented team on the field next September and I expect that DeBoer's introduction to the SEC is going to be unpleasant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News