ADVERTISEMENT

There seems to be a consensus we need to shake it up a bit. The ?

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
is does CMW feel the need as well. I've come around to believing Suny needs to be replaced as a starter not because he's bad, but because we can't afford get off to slow starts offensively, or on D for that matter, vs better teams. IMO, the other candidate to take out of starting is Noah. He is struggling with his shot, which is his main contribution, as he doesn't rebound, make assists and his D is ok.

So do we replace a guard and start Blue, or a forward and start RJ? I guess RJ could also start at shooting guard. I still like what those guys give us off the bench, although they could certainly give it to us starting as well. If it was up to me I'd start James at the four. He brings a lot of length to the D and his stats, though limited, are very good. He can certainly match what Suny is providing as a starter. He also seems to have good court awareness on his passes. If he plays well it's a win/win as we get a long athletic guy in the lineup and a young guy with potential gets minutes. if not, we have other options. I also don't want him to portal. Another option is MA, as he does help on the boards and D inside, but his offense has disappeared. He'd be my third or four option for change. It's certainly not time to panic and we could go little longer to see if Noah gets his stroke back, which he can do off the bench, or Suny starts to help. But it is getting close to nutcutting time in league play.

I also agree with the posts regarding our D. Teams are exploiting our high doubleteams and, if they have strong posts, are really hurting us inside and on the offensive glass. We have to be more judicious in employing the tactic. Our rotations still seem to be solid as we are not giving up a lot of penetration from out front or the wings. As I believed, from the start, the conference is truly balanced as far as parity. It appears even moreso lately with some of the top teams losing to what were/are considered lesser teams. We've stalled out a bit and to get where we want to be we've got to improve that last 10% I've mentioned before. And that will be on the players and CMW.

I'd give CMW a B+ so far, as the only issues I've had were in 1) not doubling Knectt and 2) probably not calling a TO vs UF at the end. And now Suny remaining a starter. Those decisions, imo, probably cost us two huge wins. Of course hindsight is always speculative. There may be some other nitpicking not worth mentioning. But, if we don't course correct without some changes, I'll be disappointed.

Reactions:DaculaDawg78, Boom MFer Dawg, 1970dawg. and 3 others
Q

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News