ADVERTISEMENT

This is the last time I’ll make this point…

RingoTheBell

3-Peat for Big Dev
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2020
And I know this tweet is already making the rounds and being opined upon. So, I won’t belabor it.

I’ll just say that I’ve watched college football and, more affectionately, Georgia football for my entire 30 years. We’ve always had good to great coaches for the majority of that time. I want you to listen to what Kirby Smart says in the 30 second clip below and realize this: We have THE best coach in college football right now. Not the greatest of all time with the most championships, etc. We all know who that is. RIGHT NOW, we have the most organized, detailed, process-oriented, articulate coach in the entire sport. You won’t hear, “We’d be favored over every playoff team,” like you did last year. Sure, he’s said, “I feel that we deserve to be in.” But he said it once, in one press conference. He didn’t do an ESPN press run. He’s not a lobbyist. He’s a football coach. And he’s unashamed for what happened tonight.

“If you don’t figure it out, I’ll make sure this keeps happening. Because I’ve got the culture and the resources to do so. Fix it.”

It’s not a coincidence that so many key guys announced they were coming back after that. THIS is what they want to play for:

I hope we all appreciate our leader as much as we should. He’s not a recruiter. He’s a football coach. And he’s an elite one who’s a mover and a shaker in a sport that we love that’s being deteriorated.

I’m thankful that a DGD is one of the leading voices trying to save it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News