ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day THIS JUST HAPPENED! Darnell’s mom will be at the game and here is how it all went down.

Toddparm

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2009
After my earlier post, regarding talking to DW’s mom, and being informed that she didn’t have a ticket to the game, resulting in some people inquiring why she didn’t get tickets from DW and the team, I thought I would call her back to dig deeper. Just before my call to her, I received a call from Radi so he could tell me a big UGA fan offered up an extra ticket in his suite for DW’s mom, which than motivated me more to find out if she was going to get a ticket from Darnell, as I didn’t want to waste Radi’s ticket donor suite offer.

I called Momma Katrina and asked her if DW was going to offer up one of his allotted tickets and her answer was, “Well, Darnell always gets tickets to each game, but he knows I could never travel to a game, because I didn’t have the means, so he would give them away to other players so they could invite additional family members.”. Katrina then said, “Hold on, let’s call in Darnell now and I will ask him about this and that way we can figure it out together.”

Katrina called DW and she told him of the situation and introduced me. I told Darnell that we all wanted to get his mom to the game and that we found her a ticket to the game, but didn’t want to take that ticket if he was going to give her one. DW was concerned how his mom was going to get to the game, where would she stay and who would she be with. I told Darnell that his mom would be with me and my wife and that the Dawg family will take care of her. I told him I would book a hotel room at same place we are staying at and get her to and from stadium and back home safe.

DW was so excited that he offered up his tickets to his mom, me and my wife, which blew me away because I was still waiting to purchase my tickets or get them taken care of from a vender relationship. I told DW he didn’t have to do that for my wife and I, but he insisted and wanted us to keep watch over his mom who has never been to one of his games.

Those that will be attending Saturday party at The Virgin Hotel in.Vegas will love meeting Darnell’s mom, Katrina. She is so excited and grateful for all of your kind words and gestures to make sure she see‘a her boy in the Championship game!

Now who thinks Big O doesn’t find a way to play with his mom in the stands?

Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News