ADVERTISEMENT

Thread from Nebraska’s board asking does anyone know why Raiola might be leaving UGA.

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
Here are the ones I thought were interesting:

“'Something' happened during that in-home visit. What's more likely, the Raiola's coming to the table last minute and asking for more guarantees from Georgia, or Georgia having made guarantees since May and now backtracking? I think its the latter.”

“Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't see Dom going down the road of 'kiss the ring'. I think more than likely, Georgia made various promises over the past few months and with NSD a week away, they felt confident in their ability to sign Dylan and they started to backtrack on a few of those promises. Not being true to their word ruffled feathers and here we are.”

“Imagine the NIL required to keep 30+ future NFL draftees happy. They’ve got to be strained financially”

I’m guessing all things were pretty equal and in the end like Dominic said his last name is on the stadium wall. That has value to his family.

“Also Rhule showed with his and White’s defense, a QB1 like Dylan, Nebraska can compete in the conference and nationally.”

We’re not the only ones that argue on message boards….😂 (see below)

Get over it.

The kid has been to 4 high schools and possibly is committing to his 3rd school in less than a year. I said that I want him on the team, but he's exhausting to follow. If you don't think his "path" is strange, then you know zilch.
“You’re the one that needs to get over it. That’s beyond obvious. If it’s bothering you, then don’t read or comment on another thread about him. It’s that simple. Geez!”

“I have no inside info obviously but my guess at reading the tea leaves is that:

1. He has liked Rhule all along and kept his NU interest in his back pocket while seeing how the season shook out, and now sees that we could be a decent QB away from making some noise again

2. UGA had the higher NIL offer at the time but NU was recently able to open some floodgates

3. Even though UGA is currently in a much better spot, he sees a chance to be QB1 sooner at NU, so he figures at least he can have some fun and gain some positive publicity at his dad’s alma mater for a year or two before re-evaluating his NIL/portal options. (Not even being cynical about him, this has to be how most top-tier high school QB recruits are viewing their decisions nowadays)”

This is funny: “He heard our Nebraska gals are much hotter than those homely southern belles. Easy choice!”

“Sunday night Damon Benning posted on the other site that he thought the extension for Donovan could bring Dylan back into the fold. Basically said some stuff about the Raiolas seeing that Rhule was a man of his word and he wasn't hiring Donovan just to get Dylan to Nebraska.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News