ADVERTISEMENT

TIFWIW

msdawg48

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
GA
I got to speak to two SEC coaches over the weekend. I asked them what they thought about all the hires. They were in complete agreement about all of them except Cheney. I will share their thoughts. They said a lot more, than I will post, to keep it short.
Smart- great hire, young, energetic, but the term both used - HUNGRY
Cheney- they were split. One said he was a good hire, the other said he was average at best.
Coley- unbelievable! He is the grandslam hire for a position coach.
Pittman- Great hire. Best in the business on the field, off the field, and on the trail!
Beamer- Great hire. Great coach, great football mind, young, and energetic.
Rocker- Huge. He was the guy Kirby needed to keep. He is one of, if not the best DL coach in the country.
Sherrer- not sold on this one. Not sure why Kirby did not upgrade. There were guys he could have gotten that would have been better.
Schumann- do not know a lot about him
Tucker- great hire. He has a great football IQ and is phenomenal with teaching fundamentals.
Overall- Kirby has put together a great staff! It is amazing the work they have already put in recruiting. They are and will become a thorn in the side of all other teams. One coach added. If all this produces wins on the field, UGA will be the next dynasty in CFB.

I just thought I would share. Also I met Shep Smith from Fox. I will just say kindly that I will never watch a show he is on!

Also recruiting this year and next year will make every one ECSTATIC!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News