ADVERTISEMENT

Time to take Inventory of what Kirby has got,

Lewis & Herschel

Diehard supporter
Oct 9, 2005
Offense:

We will be breaking in a new OL but with a complete system change, the timing could not be better.

Running Backs, wish Marshall would stay but getting Chubb back(supposedly way ahead of schedule), Michele back, Douglous back, plus Turman and Holyfield. We should be alright.

Breaking in a new WR's accept IM and Godwin but again, timing could not be better with the Recruits we have coming in, would think the JC transfer could help right away.

QB, this may be unpopular but I do not think Lambert was that bad. He took care of the ball with the exception of the rain out versus Bama and I every deep ball he threw seem to be on the money, especially versus UT. I think he will pick up the system fast and give Eason sometime to ease in. They will all learn the system at the same time so that is good and will learn it with all positions at the same time.

TE, friggen Loaded.

Defense:

Really about depth and coaching. I think our Dline will be strong and well coached just needs depth which we are getting.

Linebackers, losing Ganus and Samuel is tough but Kimbrough and Carter are ballers and I do think once the unit gels we will be strong again. Ganus was great but not very athletic so replacing him is mostly the mental side of calling the D and making adjustments.

Secondary, we should actually be ok here for a change and have a lot of young talent coming in.

Special Teams, think we need a new punter and would not hurt to get another PK in the wings. IM will always make returns interesting. Think we will improve in special teams by default.

Conclusion:
Season is going to come down to how many games it takes the O to Gel. I think the defense will be fine from the get go as Pruitt and Smarts systems evolved from the same place so I do not expect much of a learning curve. Think Mentally, Physically, the team will be bigger, stronger, faster and tougher.

UNC is the first test and lucky for us I think the D will be up to the task and UNC D is weak and will take a while to build up, so it may play into our developing Offenses hands. Would call the game a slight UNC edge but that depends on the O...

Ole Miss is the next challenge, hope our O has gelled. Ole Miss has the edge based on how they played to end the year but they also lost some games they should not have and I believe we have equal or better talent just comes down to the buy in by the players.

SCU should be a win,

UT should be favored to win the East but we know that that prediction is a Jonas should be playing up to our potential by then.

Florida, we better beat Florida next year. No reason not to as they are adrift right now.

The rest of the season should be wins.

If we start the season with Lambert we're screwed. He was terrible. We've seen what he was capable of and it wasn't much.

Offense:

We will be breaking in a new OL but with a complete system change, the timing could not be better.

Running Backs, wish Marshall would stay but getting Chubb back(supposedly way ahead of schedule), Michele back, Douglous back, plus Turman and Holyfield. We should be alright.

Breaking in a new WR's accept IM and Godwin but again, timing could not be better with the Recruits we have coming in, would think the JC transfer could help right away.

QB, this may be unpopular but I do not think Lambert was that bad. He took care of the ball with the exception of the rain out versus Bama and I every deep ball he threw seem to be on the money, especially versus UT. I think he will pick up the system fast and give Eason sometime to ease in. They will all learn the system at the same time so that is good and will learn it with all positions at the same time.

TE, friggen Loaded.

Defense:

Really about depth and coaching. I think our Dline will be strong and well coached just needs depth which we are getting.

Linebackers, losing Ganus and Samuel is tough but Kimbrough and Carter are ballers and I do think once the unit gels we will be strong again. Ganus was great but not very athletic so replacing him is mostly the mental side of calling the D and making adjustments.

Secondary, we should actually be ok here for a change and have a lot of young talent coming in.

Special Teams, think we need a new punter and would not hurt to get another PK in the wings. IM will always make returns interesting. Think we will improve in special teams by default.

Conclusion:
Season is going to come down to how many games it takes the O to Gel. I think the defense will be fine from the get go as Pruitt and Smarts systems evolved from the same place so I do not expect much of a learning curve. Think Mentally, Physically, the team will be bigger, stronger, faster and tougher.

UNC is the first test and lucky for us I think the D will be up to the task and UNC D is weak and will take a while to build up, so it may play into our developing Offenses hands. Would call the game a slight UNC edge but that depends on the O...

Ole Miss is the next challenge, hope our O has gelled. Ole Miss has the edge based on how they played to end the year but they also lost some games they should not have and I believe we have equal or better talent just comes down to the buy in by the players.

SCU should be a win,

UT should be favored to win the East but we know that that prediction is a Jonas should be playing up to our potential by then.

Florida, we better beat Florida next year. No reason not to as they are adrift right now.

The rest of the season should be wins.
Utk was picked to win the east last year only worries me is olmiss

If we start the season with Lambert we're screwed. He was terrible. We've seen what he was capable of and it wasn't much.

Disagree, first year in a new system all new players and he took care of the ball. He will be learning another system but the game should slow down for him. Expect Eason to make a push but not in Game 1, be nice if he does though. Ramsey is beyond awful and BOBO and Richt own recruiting crap QBs to hold clip boards.

Dline is key to we need these guys to gel like the oline

All We know about Chubb is He was walking without a noticeable limp a few weeks back. My advice to anybody in His circle is to not rush Him. Honestly, if it is deemed in His long term interest to sit out the season, then enter the 2017 draft, that is what He should do.
If He's ready to play without added risk, I'm as eager as any of You to watch Him run.

I think We're going to be loaded at every position on defense. It's a matter of when it all comes together, particularly on The DL.

Last edited:
Disagree, first year in a new system all new players and he took care of the ball. He will be learning another system but the game should slow down for him. Expect Eason to make a push but not in Game 1, be nice if he does though. Ramsey is beyond awful and BOBO and Richt own recruiting crap QBs to hold clip boards.

Do We have to go through Richt's resume with QBs again ?
It is unparalleled over the past 30 years. We really don't know how Ramsey would have played under Bobo last season either.

Reactions: special
His resume with QBs has nothing to do with our discussion, the point was about Lambert and the fact that Ramsey was horrible when he was in and so was Bauta so Lambert it is until Eason is ready.

As you noted, Eason has a lot of fundamental work just to get comfortable undercenter and get his foot work right, on top of learning an all new O in the SEC.

His resume with QBs has nothing to do with our discussion, the point was about Lambert and the fact that Ramsey was horrible when he was in and so was Bauta so Lambert it is until Eason is ready.

As you noted, Eason has a lot of fundamental work just to get comfortable undercenter and get his foot work right, on top of learning an all new O in the SEC.

Last season was really the first time under Richt We had such issues. I have to think much of it was Schotty. Let's see how Chaney brings Them along.

I think it is the old half pregnant situation, Shott wanted to do his thing and Richt wanted him to do it his way, and we ended up with a pile of crap.

Whether Schott is good or not, I am not sure we gave him enough time especially breaking in a new QB and Chubb going down. Really, the trigger was pulled a year late and I think we wasted a lot of money on coordinators, Pruitt was good but dang we paid for it too when a new staff may have been in order.

Last season was really the first time under Richt We had such issues. I have to think much of it was Schotty. Let's see how Chaney brings Them along.

Does the fact that three QBs from Georgia played in recent National Championship games -- for Clemson and Auburn -- qualify as "issue"?

Reactions: LumpLump
I think it is the old half pregnant situation, Shott wanted to do his thing and Richt wanted him to do it his way, and we ended up with a pile of crap.

Whether Schott is good or not, I am not sure we gave him enough time especially breaking in a new QB and Chubb going down. Really, the trigger was pulled a year late and I think we wasted a lot of money on coordinators, Pruitt was good but dang we paid for it too when a new staff may have been in order.

Pruitt really laid the ground work for Kirby though.
If Kirby had come 2 years ago, He'd have had a lot more building to do than He does now.
He's also the beneficiary of maybe the best back to back DL classes in Ga. HS history, certainly the best since the late 90s.

The issues, were similar to before, then again, maybe not. But it was Greene vs Shockl

Speaking of Schott, Coach Eckler raved about him and pretty much if you read between the lines, dissed Pruitt. Said he learned a lot working under Ed Orgeron. According to Eckler, Orgeron is the best recruiter and coach which is rare. You can be a great recruiter he said, and usually those that are, can't "coach a lick". Wow.

He wouldn't go into the details about the staff problems.

The issues, were similar to before, then again, maybe not. But it was Greene vs Shockl

Speaking of Schott, Coach Eckler raved about him and pretty much if you read between the lines, dissed Pruitt. Said he learned a lot working under Ed Orgeron. According to Eckler, Orgeron is the best recruiter and coach which is rare. You can be a great recruiter he said, and usually those that are, can't "coach a lick". Wow.

He wouldn't go into the details about the staff problems.

I like Eckler, but Pruitt was the best coach on Our staff.
I can see a loyal Guy like Eck siding with Richt, but Schotty was not cut out for the job.
Also, I have no idea how Schotty kept getting OC jobs when He had 1 good year out of 14 in The NFL.

I like Eckler, but Pruitt was the best coach on Our staff.
I can see a loyal Guy like Eck siding with Richt, but Schotty was not cut out for the job.
Also, I have no idea how Schotty kept getting OC jobs when He had 1 good year out of 14 in The NFL.

Also Carroll, Saban and Meyer, all great recruiters, all great coaches.
I think Kirby will prove to be another in that line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT