ADVERTISEMENT

TRD Nightly Nugget .............

Top Row Dawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Down Town Atlanta Georgia
Michael Timothy 'Mick' Abrahams (born 7th April 1943, Luton, Bedfordshire, England) is a guitarist and band leader, best known as being the original guitarist for Jethro Tull.

Photo1.jpg

Abrahams recorded the album This Was with Jethro Tull in 1968, but conflicts between Abrahams and Ian Anderson over the musical direction of the band led Abrahams to leave once the album was finished. Abrahams wanted to pursue a more blues/rock direction, while Anderson wanted to incorporate more overt folk and jazz influences. He was replaced first by Tony Iommi who would leave Tull after only a few weeks and would later go on to form Black Sabbath, and then by Martin Barre who remained with Jethro Tull until the band ceased in 2011.

abrahams.jpg

Abrahams went on to found Blodwyn Pig and the group recorded two albums, Ahead Rings Out (1969) and Getting to This (1970) before breaking up in 1970. Abrahams soldiered on with the short-lived Wommet, then the Mick Abrahams Band and has continued to release albums by himself and with reunited versions of Blodwyn Pig. He has worked as a driver, lifeguard and financial consultant, occasionally playing gigs, especially to support causes in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.

Tonights nugget is his first solo album.

Mick Abrahams (Full Album)

This is the Don's Choice CD I created.

MICK ABRAHAMS VOL. 1

MICK ABRAHAMS

1) Greyhound Bus 2) Awake 3) Why Do You Do Me This Way
4) Big Queen 5) Seasons
AT LAST
6) When I Get Back 7) Whole Wide World 8/9) Up And Down
10) Maybe Because 11) You'll Never Get It From Me

Last edited:
MICK ABRAHAMS VOL. 1

MICK ABRAHAMS