ADVERTISEMENT

Two hotdogs and two Cokes

TejasDawG

Diehard supporter
Aug 11, 2002
Ga Trek is going to change their strategy starting this season as to how they market/sell tickets to the Georgia game. The days of buying those 3-game package deals are over. Prior to this season, whenever Tech gave you 2 hotdogs, 2 cokes, one souvenir, and tickets to three home games--including the only Game that mattered--they figured out it was affecting the prices of ticket sales.
Their new approach is similar to StubHub, TicketMaster, etc. regarding the Georgia/Clemson games, when all they really need to do is start scheduling the Georgia State Panthers, maybe at a neutral site, i.e. Piedmont Park or the parking lot behind the Varsity, and on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. This way travel plans aren't such a pain for the holiday.

"Tech has rewarded its most loyal fans – its season-ticket holders – by offering them UGA tickets for $90 earlier in the year and now $100, a price that will remain no matter what happens with the public sales price."

Many Tech fans have complained about even playing us anymore. After the #7 Jackets lost to 6 - 5 Georgia, thanks to healthy doses of Washaun Ealey and Caleb King, there was a meltdown of epic proportions by their internet fanbase. It was somewhat entertaining at the time; and they were ACCCG bound.

My brother and I attended that game(my first in ATL after returning from Tejas)and I was dealing with Iritis or inflamation of the pupil at the time, so bright lights were hard for me to manage. I mentioned the fact that Tech was flashing a very annoying sign that read, i.e. "Go Jackets" or "Get Loud!" each time the Dawgs had the ball and were driving towards the South endzone. I was seated midway from the top of the North/Visitor section and the flashing sign made me see spots from where I was. It didn't seem to bother our QB, but it had to be a bit of a distraction(like the Safety jumping up and down and waving his arms before a FG). Tech lies, cheats.

Ga Trek is going to change their strategy starting this season as to how they market/sell tickets to the Georgia game. The days of buying those 3-game package deals are over. Prior to this season, whenever Tech gave you 2 hotdogs, 2 cokes, one souvenir, and tickets to three home games--including the only Game that mattered--they figured out it was affecting the prices of ticket sales.
Their new approach is similar to StubHub, TicketMaster, etc. regarding the Georgia/Clemson games, when all they really need to do is start scheduling the Georgia State Panthers, maybe at a neutral site, i.e. Piedmont Park or the parking lot behind the Varsity, and on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. This way travel plans aren't such a pain for the holiday.

The day of the average Joe attending quality collegiate football games is over..........paying over $100 for one ticket would leave me in the stands, pissed off at the world for the entire game. Then the FSU / Boise State game was played before an almost empty stadium. The only downside to a potential championship run season is the bandwagon fills up too fast....and tickets go through the roof for non-season ticket holders.

2012-11-11+13.39.12.jpg

I sat in the end zone LL when we beat ND in NoLa. I think the face on my ticket stub was $17. I'm not sure what he paid for everyone's seat, but I was just glad to be there. I glanced at the prices for the ND game this season out of curiosity, but just that. It will be awhile before I can attend another game, and I miss it. There's nothing like being there. But, I'm making the most out of the current situation and enjoying the games with a relative and longtime Dawgs fan who doesn't have many more seasons left.

Reactions: blackpug6

regarding maggots;
play at old Turner Field, GSU's refurbished home.
mecca of small Div I football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT