ADVERTISEMENT

UGA v. UF recruiting classes 2024

LawDawg86

GATA
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2015
So, we keep hearing about how well UF is doing on the recruiting trail. And, they do have the no. 3 class. But let's take a look at what those classes actually look like. Bringing in our resident Gator and great guy, @SORT14, for his observations.

Here are the two classes. I have added some prospects that I feel comfortable with for both teams. I figure we get at least 1 of Nwarni, Breland, or McCray. In that UF is in on McCray and he was in Gainesville last night, I gave him to UF. I don't know their recruiting all that well, but I read up on it and some of the staff at the various sites don't think they are in on any of the most highly ranked recruits. In other words, they have most of the top guys they are going to get.

oNQlz5A.png

Immediately you can see the difference. Remember, this is the no. 1 v. the no. 3 class. But, if you look at it this way, it really jumps out at you:

9RMYHKf.png

Notice how much heavier we are at the top. Top 101 we have them 15 to 6. Top 175, 22 to 10.

They are excited about this class, and they should be compared to the past few years. But, if the goal is to catch up with UGA and Bama, they aren't going to do it this way, even though we will see Gator fans saying they are closing the gap.

FWIW, I remember thinking the same thing as fCMR continually brought in top 10 classes which was great except for the fact that it was often the 4th or 5th best in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News