ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh, Drama Queens, bad news. CDC has revised DOWN CV19

If you've already handled things that could have the virus (or any virus) on them and haven't sanitized your hands so you don't want to touch your face. Perhaps you're making multiple stops before arriving somewhere you can wash your hands.

If you have allergies and don't want to sneeze all day. This is particularly helpful to others if you're heading to a grocery store as no one wants someone sneezing and coughing down every aisle regardless of what's causing it.

Since this virus and all viruses will be with us forever do you propose this course of action moving forward forever? I mean have at it if you would like. I am first and foremost about individual liberties. So you do you. Driving or walking around during the day mid-July with a mask on sounds like a ball.

Why is wearing a mask in a car idiotic?

It's strange that the supposed supporters of liberty have jumped on this specific topic the past few weeks with memes and constant posts attempting to shame others when the act of wearing a mask in a vehicle has nothing to do with anyone else's rights. I mean there are so many real topics of civil liberties available yet the extreme right wants to attract someone's choice. Hypocrisy runs deep on both sides.

I've seen people in Home Depot and Lowes wearing masks for years. Often they appear to be workers dealing with construction or industrial cleaning who stopped in to grab supplies in the middle of a job. I would imagine that they don't want to touch their face since the mask is protecting them from something harmful in their environment for which they haven't performed adequate self-cleaning yet. I'd also imagine the same logic applies to people who have handled items in public that could carry a virus without having adequately sanitized their hands. Many people are considered at higher risk or live with others who are so it's important to not get infected.

There's also people who have been wearing masks while out for years because they don't want pollen to cause sneezing and coughing all day.

Obviously, the suggestion of wearing masks to mitigate the spread of coronavirus in these times (I hate hearing this phrase, but I'll use it) has brought more attention and awareness to others, but why does it bother so many people who should just worry about themselves?

Sorry, just had to vent on this topic when it's way more important to focus on why there's an agenda to drag this out longer than necessary as well as why some people are hopeful for rushed unproven vaccines yet fear established and understood meds that seem to help.

thanks for the venting.. LOLOL i hadn't read a good one in a while.. :) wearing a mask is up to each individual. the joke isn't about wearing a mask. if you had paid attention (which i have read your posts so I know you have) to the CDC and most of main stream media not wearing a mask was told to everyone because they don't do anything to protect you or others (we all knew that was pure crap, but they had to lie to us anyways).. The joke isn't about wearing a mask. It's about being alone in your car wearing a mask.. It's hilarious. It's like laying in bed alone wearing a condom. Not really necessary. :) I will never wear a mask myself. I tried wearing my N95 mask, but I can't breathe and I keep adjusting it, but that touching of my mask negates wearing it. Also I can't see because it fogs up my glasses. My wife is the same.

If you've already handled things that could have the virus (or any virus) on them and haven't sanitized your hands so you don't want to touch your face. Perhaps you're making multiple stops before arriving somewhere you can wash your hands.

If you have allergies and don't want to sneeze all day. This is particularly helpful to others if you're heading to a grocery store as no one wants someone sneezing and coughing down every aisle regardless of what's causing it.
In a car, driving alone? Seriously?

Reactions: dirtytoeddawg
You're an anti-vaxxer I guess. You don't wash your hands after using the bathroom or make any attempt to cover your face when sneezing or coughing all because those actions are now tied to Covid-19.

i thought it was funny before covid they had done a number of polls and basically 70% of men didn't wash their hands after using the restroom (1 or 2) and 40% of women didn't wash their hands. I was stunned the number was that high because most are taught basic hygiene. I could never not wash my hands, but I got a bit OCD on that when i was a kid. We would bomb our apartment due to bugs every once in a while and I was always afraid touching doorknobs or other stuff because of that bug spray and would wash my hands constantly. the concept of not washing my hands after using the restroom and before eating a meal just seems like foreign concept to me.

I made no such comparison. I gave various examples of mitigation strategies.

You're as ignorant on this as you've been on football matters. I said what I said and it's here for all to see. You either have horrible reading comprehension skills or you're a willful liar trying to win an argument that doesn't exist.
Sure you did. I get you want to walk it back as you look silly but don’t blame me for that. Maybe stick to lurking? this never goes as you hope.

Since this virus and all viruses will be with us forever do you propose this course of action moving forward forever? I mean have at it if you would like. I am first and foremost about individual liberties. So you do you. Driving or walking around during the day mid-July with a mask on sounds like a ball.
These guys have been walking around with masks for years - or wanting to do so. Funny that he compares making fun of the loons in masks in their cars to locking people up in their homes and preventing people from running their businesses.

to say that there is a lack of perspective is a gross understatement.

Good grief the tunnel vision is real.

Wearing a mask to fend off allergies has been a thing for some time now.

Wearing a mask to mitigate spreading and contracting viruses has been a thing particularly popular in Asian cultures for some time now.

Wearing a mask in the USA as a response to dealing with Covid-19 is new.

Who cares what individuals choose to do in their own vehicle which is the topic here? How are many of the very people defending our rights the ones worried about what others choose to do? Folks need to pick a stance and stick with it.

I'm not talking about riders of public transportation in Philadelphia being thrown off for not wearing a mask. That's an entirely different debate.

Reactions: celticdawg
These guys have been walking around with masks for years - or wanting to do so. Funny that he compares making fun of the loons in masks in their cars to locking people up in their homes and preventing people from running their businesses.

to say that there is a lack of perspective is a gross understatement.
Just proved my point. I doubt you've ever talked about people wearing masks before it got tied to Covid-19.

Checkmate.

Just wondering why some keep saying we don’t have testing available. I live in a little po dunk town of about 6,500 people & we have 2 free drive through testing sites. One at the health department & one in a bank parking lot.

Are others seeing these sites in their areas? Are we an anomaly? Are people listening to the hyperventilating media too much?

Wrong as usual
I made fun of you for being a bubble boy and wearing a mask in the car - by yourself. You asked me if I wash my hands after using the bathroom or cover a sneeze or cough.

Lmao. You compared them. Sorry, I know this stuff gets complicated for you and you regret your words often but that ain’t my fault.

Just proved my point. I doubt you've ever talked about people wearing masks before it got tied to Covid-19.

Checkmate.
Checkmate? Lmao - the insecurity just ooozes out of you.

Of course we made fun of you bubble boys well before Covid. It just wasn’t as wide spread and more behind your back.

Just wondering why some keep saying we don’t have testing available. I live in a little po dunk town of about 6,500 people & we have 2 free drive through testing sites. One at the health department & one in a bank parking lot.

Are others seeing these sites in their areas? Are we an anomaly? Are people listening to the hyperventilating media too much?
We have all the testing u want, here. They closed down our 2 drive up testing tents due to lack of interest. Anybody can get one at their doctor's office. Doc In A Box does em.

Good grief the tunnel vision is real.

Wearing a mask to fend off allergies has been a thing for some time now.

Wearing a mask to mitigate spreading and contracting viruses has been a thing particularly popular in Asian cultures for some time now.

Wearing a mask in the USA as a response to dealing with Covid-19 is new.

Who cares what individuals choose to do in their own vehicle which is the topic here? How are many of the very people defending our rights the ones worried about what others choose to do? Folks need to pick a stance and stick with it.

I'm not talking about riders of public transportation in Philadelphia being thrown off for not wearing a mask. That's an entirely different debate.
Dude, nobody is proposing to pass laws forcing you not to wear a mask. Nobody is arresting you for wearing a mask. Yet if people go outside in many places in this country they are being arrested.

so you look silly comparing the 2 and talking if about liberties. Calling it “silly” is being very kind. It is absurd.

They are just clinging to it. It is all they have left. They are going to run out of death dumps to artificially make this look worse than it is.

In a car, driving alone? Seriously?
I answered you so now I'll ask you some questions.

What does being alone in a car have to do with the 2 scenarios I mentioned? Does being alone in a car sanitize the person entering the car or prevent pollen from entering even if it was already on the person from outside?

Just wondering why the fixation on being alone in a car as a status symbol of image in life.

We have all the testing u want, here. They closed down our 2 drive up testing tents due to lack of interest. Anybody can get one at their doctor's office. Doc In A Box does em.

Not seeing many people using ours. Certainly no lines. Drive through restaurants however are lined up.

I really think most people don’t want to get tested. Our boat manufacturer shut down after applying tests in early April. A ton of people tested positive then went for for further testing & those showed negative. I personally know one of the guys who went through a true quarantine of 4 weeks because of a false positive.

I dunno. There’s so much wrong with this whole situation.

Dude, nobody is proposing to pass laws forcing you not to wear a mask. Nobody is arresting you for wearing a mask. Yet if people go outside in many places in this country they are being arrested.

so you look silly comparing the 2 and talking if about liberties. Calling it “silly” is being very kind. It is absurd.
You're babbling again. That was a mess of a statement and moving the bar yet again.

You just keep proving my point. What does what any individual wearing a mask in their vehicle have to do with you? Not a damn thing. Mind your own business is the bottom line.

No you just are ignoring the huge psychological damage of locking people up for months while being concerned with the far lesser risk of dealing with “outbreaks”.
Outbreaks happen with the flu and Sars and no one even blinked. California had an Outbreak at the end of last year / first part of this year but nobody told you to freak out yet.

Based on what we know I support a far more aggressive approach to opening. We can not limit restaurants to 50% of their dining. That is silly, for example.

Sars has less than 8k cases and 800 deaths worldwide. How is that analogous to our current situation? Covid19 has killed more people in a few months than the worst recent flu season and Covid19 seems to be both more contagious and more deadly (yes I recognize both measures are still being refined). That would suggest it should be treated differently.

You're babbling again. That was a mess of a statement and moving the bar yet again.

You just keep proving my point. What does what any individual wearing a mask in their vehicle have to do with you? Not a damn thing. Mind your own business is the bottom line.
Look man - I know you are sorry you said this nonsense but you did:

“Who cares what individuals choose to do in their own vehicle which is the topic here? How are many of the very people defending our rights the ones worried about what others choose to do? Folks need to pick a stance and stick with it.”

people defending a person’s right to leave their home or operate their business without being arrested isn’t in the same universe as making fun of you for wearing a mask in you damn car.

I shouldn’t have to post this.

There were less than 8k cases globally and 774 confirmed deaths from SARS. How is that analogous to Covid19?

Sars has less than 8k cases and 800 deaths worldwide. How is that analogous to our current situation? Covid19 has killed more people in a few months than the worst recent flu season and Covid19 seems to be both more contagious and more deadly (yes I recognize both measures are still being refined). That would suggest it should be treated differently.
There were less than 8k cases globally and 774 confirmed deaths from SARS. How is that analogous to Covid19?

SARS, swine flu, Hong Kong flu, the regular flu, Ebola- you pick man. None of the “ outbreaks” come close to the psychological damage of arresting people for leaving their house and telling people it isn’t safe to be around other people.

yep i live in georgia and we have plenty of testing available. the left just moves the goalposts all of the time.. prime example was the shelter in place was to flatten the curve so that our hosptials were not overwhelmed. that was successful.. we were not going to be in lockdown to ride out the virus, that is ridiculous.. we gotta live with the virus now and learn how to. however the left now says if we don't have millions of testing then we can't reopen.. that is bullcrap and they know it.. so many from the left have an agenda that they believe the worst it is in the country the less of a chance Trump is re-elected so you see democrats would rather cripple this economy further if it means they get get rid of Trump. their deranged hatred is all that matters to them. you have guys like newsom who believes this is the perfect time to push this country to the left and use this virus to push their agenda. (I am not accusing anyone on this board of doing that btw)

Look man - I know you are sorry you said this nonsense but you did:

“Who cares what individuals choose to do in their own vehicle which is the topic here? How are many of the very people defending our rights the ones worried about what others choose to do? Folks need to pick a stance and stick with it.”

people defending a person’s right to leave their home or operate their business without being arrested isn’t in the same universe as making fun of you for wearing a mask in you damn car.

I shouldn’t have to post this.

I actually agree, while I do tend laugh when I see a lone rider with a mask on, it's still their option and right to do so.

I actually agree, while I do tend laugh when I see a lone rider with a mask on, it's still their option and right to do so.
Yep - nobody is trying to take their rights away. They can be looney all they want.

Me thinks this didn’t go as @Dawg 'n IT planned but wear your masks in your car people all you want. You are probably reducing your risk from .01% to .01%.

my question - do they wear them at home as well?

I answered you so now I'll ask you some questions.

What does being alone in a car have to do with the 2 scenarios I mentioned? Does being alone in a car sanitize the person entering the car or prevent pollen from entering even if it was already on the person from outside?

Just wondering why the fixation on being alone in a car as a status symbol of image in life.
In your car...alone? By yourself, wearing a mask? Seriously?
Lord have mercy, son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT