ADVERTISEMENT

Under the weather

HHolland92

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
so had a little bit of time to watch South Carolina game again..

- Mondon is pretty special.. he was flying around, disrupting and making plays. starting to do the small things really well too, he’s definitely a difference maker at ILB.

- sticking with the LBs, I thought JDJ kinda struggled… there’s was one or two plays where he half assed it, which is uncharacteristic for him. He did some things good too, but he didn’t have his best outing.

- Tykee is a different animal this year. He does everything with aggression yet plays disciplined. This is his money year and he knows that.

- REALLY missing Bullard back there.. Dirty Dan had the huge pick, but he whiffed badly on Wells’s TD and struggled with some other things. DDS was not good… Rattler was having a field day there when the play was extended enough to get to the back of the field.. 2 steps slower than Bull and didn’t get his jersey dirty enough for what I wanted to see outta him, just tried to get his man out of bounds instead of running with a huge sense of urgency, thinking more than reacting.

- I thought Everette didn’t have a bad day, they tried to come at him and SC WRs made some really nice plays but he did pretty much what he was supposed to. Lassiter came ready to hunt… and was letting them know about it too.. he had a great game.

- the Leggette kid SCjr found is a damn man child… woah

- Mykel was giving them HELL all game… especially in the 2nd half. They blatantly held him and could have been called on about 85% of rushes, but I digress. He’s so damn good… that’s why you don’t give up on talented prospects, even they are committed elsewhere…

- Missed MJJ imo, Chambliss is a high motor guy but can get stifled bc his length just isn’t there.. but speaking of length, Darris Smith looks like a damn Adam Anderson clone in that 19 jersey, maybe even a little bigger and longer… needs more PT, good things happen when he’s on the field.

- Brinson and Stack was whipping them upfront, Hall is going to be special. They was having to grab jersey on about every pass rush.

- I thought Truss looked more comfortable at RT than at guard imo… honestly he was getting worked pretty good before he moved over after Mims went down. Fairchild isn’t an issue at all imo. Blaske is about to be back as well.

- if Daijun gets hurt for an extended amount of time, we in trouble at RB… he’s a diff dude back there and the offense runs so much more efficiently when he’s in. He’s isn’t elite at anything, but he’s bad at nothing… stays low with great vision and cuts as clean as anyone at UGA since Sony and Swift.

- I liked what I saw from the WRs, thought they did everything well. Rosemy is just solid. RaRa is a helluva talent and working his way thru the playbook and onto the field and if the CB didn’t make a great play on the ball he would have a HUGE day. Lovett is a great weapon, got some Tyler Lockett to him.. he ain’t busted open for that huge game yet, but it’s coming. Missing Ladd for sure, he makes this a much more dangerous team. Glad that Bobo and Dillon Bell was open minded enough to let this experiment play out bc 86 is def helping out in all facets right now and it’s needed…

- BB19 had a lot of targets, hadn’t had the breakaway long receptions yet but he’s dinged up.. still showing the incredible balance and ability to stay low and push and get extra yards. Delp looks good..

- I thought Beck had a fine performance and it should help his confidence and comfortability going forward. Has a rocket arm.

- overall, the first half was about as bad as UGA could play and the second half looked absolutely dominant. Hate the clock rules, only 3/4 possessions in the first half. Kicking game is not good… was rainy out there but Woodring wasn’t particularly close on his misses, was bad.. could be detrimental later on because this won’t be the only tight game of the year. I thought Rattler looked phenomenal and may be the best QB UGA faces unless it’s a playoff scenario, he was crisp and extended plays all he could until we drowned him in the second half. Honestly I think South Carolina may be better than given credit for and I was concerned that they’ve already saw a good team in UNC and UGA hasn’t been a competitive game yet… keep in mind they schlacked Tenn last year and beat a pretty good clemson team and their QB is even better now. Mews has one or two I know he wants back… fair caught one that he had more than plenty of time to bust a chunk run back. Got to start gelling and getting into rhythm from the very beginning, all 4 quarters.. you face an elite team you will find yourself in a hole you can’t get out of if not corrected sooner than later. Team is banged up bad right now, some guys need to get healthy quickly. Loved the resiliency and fight this team is showing to have, took punches and came back and delivered them back twice as hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News