ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg UPDATE: Ever had an insurance adjuster not come back with a better offer from an auto accident?...

bulldogjones

You call him Dr. Jones!
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
UPDATE:
After rejecting their first offer and they offered no counter offer, I asked to speak with a supervisor/manager. In between then and now, I sent one additional comp. Also spent some time in prayer.

This morning, the supervisor called, we spoke and I explained that my scenario, walked through the comp which was better and closer, discussed the details of their process, where I thought it was unfair, how I felt it was a lose lose for me, among a number of other aspects of whether or not they negotiate or not. FWIW, they said they never "negotiate". However, in hearing her say that she could manually adjust an amount, I hopefully guided the convo to where it became apparent that is in fact, a negotiation. Anyway, they added in the new comp, took the new averages and came back with an offer that is what I was looking for. I'm happy with the outcome.

Lessons learned and affirmed: 1. Never accept the first offer. 2. Do whatever groundwork you can in supplying additional/closer comps 3. Try to be as kind as you can while also being firm 4. Use logic as well as your story even if it doesn't officially play into their matrix of decision. These are still people that ultimately have the ability to alter the amount. 5. Pray for favor.

Appreciate all your insights and feedback. It was helpful. And thank You, Lord. 🙏 :)

-------------
Not talking personal injury side, just the auto side. I was hit head on over a week ago and it totaled my car. I rejected their first offer from their adjuster (Allstate). Other driver was 100% at fault.

Called back and said after increasing their radius of comps, they weren't able to raise it up any.

The initial offer is above the average of KBB for that and for NADA for that vehicle. Obviously it is well below the current comps for sale for this same make model, trim package and comparable mileage.

Her supervisor is suppose to call me back today or tomorrow.

Again, this is separate from the PI side. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News