ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Very interesting...

Dan McDonald

War Daddy
Staff
May 19, 2008
Kennesaw, Georgia
Earlier this season, Tom Crean happened to be in the area as he prepared to call the Georgia Tech/Northwestern game for ESPN. While in town, he made a stop at Wheeler and spent most of the day with Wheeler head coach Larry Thompson. He also spent a ton of time with 5-star PF EJ Montgomery during that stop and developed a really good relationship with them. Me thinks Crean had his eyes on the UGA job since then. Coach Thompson told me Crean has been all over them since getting the UGA job, and I'd expect he'll make another trip over to Wheeler very soon.

Right now, Duke, Kentucky and UNC are the top three. Duke and Kentucky have pretty crowded front-courts. On a related note, UGA had a little momentum with Montgomery after Ashton Hagans that I never really discussed on here because I didn't think much of it and didn't want to get your hopes up. If UGA gets Hagans back for next year and depending on how things shake out with who stays and who goes at those other schools, Crean might be able to make a play here for the 5-star 2018 post player.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News