ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO WATCH: Smael Mondon and Tate Ratledge

Patrick Garbin

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
Sep 24, 2015
Bishop, GA

Smael Mondon​

On participating in spring practice this year...

"I wasn't in spring last year. I had shoulder surgery, so being able to participate is a lot different than being on the sideline watching. I think it's going to help a lot [this upcoming season] because you only really get better if you get your reps and experience. Just getting those extra reps and the scrimmages we're about to have, I feel like it's going to help a lot."

On the early enrollee linebackers...

"Raylen [Wilson], CJ [Allen], really all the freshman, they're a really athletic group. They're hard workers, strong, fast, just really everything you want in a linebacker."

On being a returning starter this year...

"You feel different just being an older guy in the room. I feel like I was just a freshman coming in and learning. I wouldn't really say too different but it's a little bit weird."

Tate Ratledge​

On how the offensive line has developed over the past two weeks...

“I think one thing we figured out is that we are good offensive linemen. We're deep with a lot of competition going on, just competing every day with a lot of talent.”

On what he has learned from Coach Searels...

“Definitely a lot more. He's always done a good job about being clear with what he wants. He comes every day, coaches you just as he'd coach anybody, and we've got a lot of respect for him.”

On guys that have impressed him...

“Michael Morris, Dylan Fairchild, they’re both really impressive right now. Jared Wilson, he's an athlete. Physical, he's smart, there's a lot. Monroe (Freeling) came in. He's athletic. He just shows how athletic he is. Of course he's got things to learn here and there, just about college ball. A lot of people came in and started doing really well.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News