ADVERTISEMENT

We can still salvage this season. And we better because

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
I am going back and forth on how CMW is doing based on the past 4-5 games. Is he fulfilling the most basic tenet in coaching....getting the most out of the talent you have. So many of our guys are inconsistent, but is that due to the offense, or lack of one? Can we not learn how to successfully run a fastbreak. I doubt if we convert 50% of chance when we have numbers, or a guy out front. It' just basics. As a matter of fact, I can't remember a team that misses so many good looks right at the rack. We have little to no post game and that is a our main culprit on O. It allows teams to play us however they wish on the perimeter. No answer I can come up with.

On D I swear I can't remember a team that gives up so many dunks, while at the same time allowing wide open set threes. It may be time to consider using zone more. I don't want to hear that you can't rebound out of a zone That has never been true.. Hell, we can't rebound now and most of that stems from the fact that we are always scrambling to recover from our traps. That makes it tougher to find a man to box out and gives them inside position on the offensive glass too often. If it isn't working it only takes a second to change up.

I don't know what is going on with players, but to not start Jabri and RJ and for them to only play 35 minutes between them there better be a good reason.

Situations like where are in now is when you find out a lot about a coach. If he loses this team and this season, I'm afraid the repercussions are gonna be serious. We have three winnable games coming up and need all of them. We have a lot of practice days interspersed between these games. We need to make the most of them.

Las

Reactions: easychair
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News