ADVERTISEMENT

Well, it was bound to happen, supposedly they’ve been on the property before . . .

SLC_Dawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2015
I have hogs. I know it’s embarrassing to talk about, but there it is. I went out on the back porch for something, and caught them foraging. Right there! In sight of the house, in broad daylight. They weren’t aware of anything says they’ve been around a lot. 4 out of 5 doctors recommend an AR-15, (take only as directed. If ranging ears persist, discontinue use.) I’ve already looked up the processor. He’s in the next town over.

I have hogs. I know it’s embarrassing to talk about, but there it is. I went out on the back porch for something, and caught them foraging. Right there! In sight of the house, in broad daylight. They weren’t aware of anything says they’ve been around a lot. 4 out of 5 doctors recommend an AR-15, (take only as directed. If ranging ears persist, discontinue use.) I’ve already looked up the processor. He’s in the next town over.

are you taking feral?

sure, kill!
I have an old hog...
not to be killed.
he only got loose once or twice.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Yep, wild.
I have a cousin in Mississippi who eats them, but Mississippians eat most anything. He skins them, does not scrape them. He says they’re good but I’ve seen him eat a plate of pig brains and eggs at 6:00AM before going hunting. On the family farm there we ate all sorts of stuff and pretended it was good. We ate a lot of 2-3 foot eels out of the big creek. They tasted like chicken marinated in mud. We were on the Mississippi flyway so we had some good ducks and some horrible geese. You could tenderize a Canada goose with a baseball bat and stuff him full of every fruit in the orchard and he was still like eating apple flavored old boots. I stick to grocery store protein these days.

I have a cousin in Mississippi who eats them, but Mississippians eat most anything. He skins them, does not scrape them. He says they’re good but I’ve seen him eat a plate of pig brains and eggs at 6:00AM before going hunting. On the family farm there we ate all sorts of stuff and pretended it was good. We ate a lot of 2-3 foot eels out of the big creek. They tasted like chicken marinated in mud. We were on the Mississippi flyway so we had some good ducks and some horrible geese. You could tenderize a Canada goose with a baseball bat and stuff him full of every fruit in the orchard and he was still like eating apple flavored old boots. I stick to grocery store protein these days.
An old friend from Oregon lost his taste for ducks after eating many sea going ducks. They tasted like sht. I wondered, then why did you eat them, but never asked.

An old friend from Oregon lost his taste for ducks after eating many sea going ducks. They tasted like sht. I wondered, then why did you eat them, but never asked.
I never ate any sea ducks, but the common flyway ducks, mallards, wood ducks, and others are delicious, nothing like a Canada goose. If you eat the feral pigs causing you trouble, I’d be interested to know how they are.

Reactions: cherrydawg
I bought a Thermal scope to kill those land destroyers! There is no shame in killing them , at all! The buzzards have to eat as well.

I had a squirrel chew the neutral wire to my power line to the house, ruined many appliances, electronics.
Thank God I was home as the house could have burned down. The lights got dim then really bright, then dim and so on. I killed the power. Ga. Power came out within 30 minutes and replaced the wire. He said 90% of their calls were squirrel related. I hate those tree rats as much as feral hogs!
Same as my thoughts about the squirrel house destroyers. My Corpse Disposal Unit consists of a possum, a coon, and a hawk.

Hammer down on those porkers...put one in the ground to cook and put some beer on ice...and get all your rowdy friends to come over and watch the Orange bowl.....

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT