ADVERTISEMENT

What a let down

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
I thought we’d get two at Missouri. I really did - I know we hadn’t won a road series yet, but Missouri is just such a benign atmosphere it doesn’t really “feel” like a road game. Travel isn’t hard either, especially when we charter. That makes a shorter time traveling than Auburn or Vanderbilt or Florida.

And we had two wins right there for the taking. I’m not saying it’s bad luck. It isn’t bad luck. Just a failure to finish.. and yesterday that started well before the 9th inning.

What can you say? I think at an absolute minimum we’ll have a new pitching coach next season. But I suspect we’ll have a new staff… maybe the issue with Stegman “saves” Stricklin, but I tend to doubt it.

I think the team next year, regardless of who is coaching it, will benefit from some new blood and fresh faces on the roster. We’re an old team. I think some guys cycling out is going to create a different “energy” next season. And I think that will be a good thing.

It just stinks though. I’m hard-pressed to remember a more disappointing weekend than that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News