ADVERTISEMENT

What prevents a "LIV Semi-Pro Football" League from starting?

MartinVanDawgin

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2014
Does university allegiance and pride keep the sport alive, or does some corporation get $5B to start a feeder league into the NFL where kids don't have to go to college and there is no NCAA? That really makes the most sense now.

At this point, it seems to me that the NCAA is an totally impotent; without any real measure to reel in what they've fed to become the blue whale of college football. Kids don't NEED to go to college, but that's the norm to get to the NFL. The someone who made it a norm not to is going to be even richer than they already are. If I were an oil tycoon with billions of dollars, why wouldn't I throw a lot of money at the problem and see if you can hurt the only game in town. When you kill it, no one is going back to that model because it's totally, irreparably broken.

It's just like everything else in society, the comfort and convenience of everything make it so much easier to make luxuries in our life commonplace. CFB is a luxury and it's been blown out of proportion because people don't have food, shelter, and work schedules to dominate the concern of their day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News