ADVERTISEMENT

What we are getting with KJ Bolden...

HacksawDawg

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2001
You will hear a lot of debate about whether he is a Safety or WR. We are obviously bringing him in as a S.

What he is is simply an ELITE athlete. There are 4 and 5 star players, but he's on another level of athleticism. Just a wow athlete.

A lot of his highlights are at WR simply because those are easy highlights for an athlete like him to make, and especially this year with Raiola throwing to him. He just ran by a lot of people.

He can look a little raw at S in coverage at times, I agree, but he has elite speed and range. Just erases a lot of grass. When he's decisive and sticks his foot in the ground and breaks on a route, it's NFL stuff. I forget who the opponent was early this fall, but he had a pick 6 where he looked like an absolute blur. There was a family from the other team sitting in our bleachers next to me when this happened and the father looked at me and said, "Ho-ly shit." He's a holy shit kind of athlete.

He is tall. Much taller and longer than safeties we've had of late. Easily 6'2". He's skinny, but he will add some mass by next fall.

Bolden is a guy everyone in Buford knew would be a 5-star dating back to middle school. He's been THE athlete for years.

I'm brutally honest about Buford players. The only BHS player I disagreed with our staff on in recent memory was Isaiah Bond. He was legit and his success at Bama is no surprise to anyone. Everyone else UGA staff has made the correct evaluation on.

Bolden is the real deal. He will be in the NFL in three years. Eddrick Houston will be, too (also an amazing kid). Wish we could have gotten Houston, too. I've long said EH is the kind of kid who will be a team captain one day. OSU got a gem.

UGA has gone hard after the right Buford players under Kirby. This hopefully breaks the dam because there are others behind KJ. I make no predictions on Perlotte, but he's a prototypical Star/OLB to defend spread offenses. Again - we are making the right evals. Bama and others have taken guys they shouldn't have.

I don't care for how Bolden handled this process. I hope it's cited as not being the example to follow. But I'm glad we got him in the end.

We absolutely got a stud.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News