ADVERTISEMENT

What would y’all categorize as the golden era/age for ALL UGA athletics? Not just football….

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
This is not a football only era question. We all know that ever since Smart got here in 2016, from 2017-2022 is the golden era for UGA Football. However, I don't think there is any denying that ever since Smart got here all the other athletic teams have gone down a bit with football really being the only true riser. We know out of the “big 3: football, baseball and basketball,” only football has gone up. Baseball had a mini spurt up with that ‘18 and ‘19 season…

That led me to ponder…what would be the golden era for ALL UGA sports when almost everything was clicking as a department? My thought is 2001-2008. I feel in that time span almost every sport was clicking. Basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, gymnastics, men’s golf, track,(not sure about soccer and volleyball). To me, without doing a deep dive and going off top of my head, this era comes to mind as the best and most successful era in UGA athletics.

What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News