ADVERTISEMENT

What's the deal with Brice Ramsey?

WillieG

National Champion
Sep 1, 2002
What is it I am missing that is keeping him out of the games? Everyone looked bad at Bama so why aren't we getting him out there? Even the announcers mentioned how surprised they were that he wasn't playing more in the 2nd half and I thought he looked ok in the first half (compared to Lambert). This has to be the worst qb situation since Richt has been there (Cox and JTIII aside). It seems like they really expected Brice to be the front runner going in to the summer so what happened? What is it that Ramsey is doing/not doing that our coaches just won't give him a chance. Personally, since he will be here next year and Lambert won't, I would rather it be his job to lose so there must be something that goes beyond mechanics and not taking care of the ball.

What is it I am missing that is keeping him out of the games? Everyone looked bad at Bama so why aren't we getting him out there? Even the announcers mentioned how surprised they were that he wasn't playing more in the 2nd half and I thought he looked ok in the first half (compared to Lambert). This has to be the worst qb situation since Richt has been there (Cox and JTIII aside). It seems like they really expected Brice to be the front runner going in to the summer so what happened? What is it that Ramsey is doing/not doing that our coaches just won't give him a chance. Personally, since he will be here next year and Lambert won't, I would rather it be his job to lose so there must be something that goes beyond mechanics and not taking care of the ball.

I believe Labmbert has 1 more year of eligibility...

I don't get it either...or maybe I do. To me, Brice just looks better...seems more athletic than Lambert. He also seems like he has more upside...Lambert is older and hasn't gotten any better. I think Ramsey got pushed aside for the hand picked transfer...Lambert seemed to be CBSs favorite before he was on the field. They hit it off talking Xs n Os...Lambert is the Virginia guy, more polished perhaps than the kid from Camden county....but I think they made a mistake....Brice probably panicked some n feels like he needs to make a big play anytime he is in...If he had started from the beginning, I think he would be a better QB rt now...Experience would give him more upside than Lambert...Lambert seems to have reached his ceiling...

God help us. If Jacob Eason ends up here, Lambert better not see the playing field. We've seen what Lambert is capable of, which is not much. We can't win with him. Ramsey is probably going to transfer.
With all the "inside sources" on this forum is there something going on behind the scenes with Ramsey? Richt has done a good job with qbs over the years and I just can't imagine he missed that hard on Ramsey? He looked better than Lambert in the first half but never made it back in. There has to be more to this story.

With all the "inside sources" on this forum is there something going on behind the scenes with Ramsey? Richt has done a good job with qbs over the years and I just can't imagine he missed that hard on Ramsey? He looked better than Lambert in the first half but never made it back in. There has to be more to this story.

I would not be surprised to see Ramsey transfer to Colorado State.

Reactions: WillieG

IMO, he is getting lousy coaching. His footwork doesn't appear to be very good, as evident by his propensity to throw rockets that sail over the receivers head. Means he is throwing off his back foot and not stepping into his throw. Maybe he is just not comfortable in the pocket due to lack of PT. Relying to much on arm strength and not mechanics. His best option is to head to a passing camp over the summer and learn how to pass the ball and not throw the ball.

He doesn't study his craft. Doesn't pay attention to film. Not a "student" of the game. In short, his potential is all he cares to have. His footwork and decision making issues are more about absorbing what's happening at practice and less about in game PT. He just doesn't or won't connect the dots. Shameful waste of physical gifts.

Reactions: whitepug6
He doesn't study his craft. Doesn't pay attention to film. Not a "student" of the game. In short, his potential is all he cares to have. His footwork and decision making issues are more about absorbing what's happening at practice and less about in game PT. He just doesn't or won't connect the dots. Shameful waste of physical gifts.

Agree. It happens all the time, and not just in sports or football.

Reactions: Boost Assendahm
If true then the pieces fit together. Try to get Lambert to a serviceable level, insert Eason some next year (like Stafford) and hope between the two we can come up with a qb position that doesn't lose us games. Ride the run game and defense.

God help us. If Jacob Eason ends up here, Lambert better not see the playing field. We've seen what Lambert is capable of, which is not much. We can't win with him. Ramsey is probably going to transfer.

You better hope Lambert stays. I've contended from the start that his year was about getting a QB ready for next year. If they have to start a freshman that's never had to play vs anyone , its going to be a disaster that makes this year look positive. As to Ramsey, why would he transfer. He won't start anywhere else, and he can punt here.

He's got abn actual future as a punter at the next level. Pretty good gig, so I'd focus on that IIWH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT