ADVERTISEMENT

When Crean was fired, I felt like almost anybody would be a better…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
HC. When Mike White was announced, I was excited, but at the same time I approached the situation with caution. Hoping that he would establish a winning program at UGA and get us into the tournament at least half the time, I was still somewhat cautious, because I knew he had quit at UF before being fired. I read on the Florida board how they felt about him and were ecstatic that he left. The feeling was that he inherited a great program under BD but that it got worse each year under MW.

I surmised that Danny White, CMW’s brother and the AD at UT, contacted Josh Brooks and built the case of why Mike White would be a great hire and a great fit at UGA. I still was excited when Mike White was hired, but in the back of my mind, I was concerned that he would turn out to be the same head coach at UGA that he was at UF. At this point, my fears have not been alleviated. It was a lazy hire by JB, and it is looking more and more like MW is the same coach at UGA as he was at UF.

I am hopeful that he will turn things around, get us on solid footing, recruit better, and get us into the tournament about half the time. But my expectations don’t measure up to my desires at this point. We will see……..

Reactions: hlaw416 and GOPUGA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News