ADVERTISEMENT

where is sanity?

Green Grass and High Tides!?
I loved that band. Alvin Lee was great, the original shredder. I sure would like to have the Big Red 335 hanging on my wall.
016-.JPG

I saw them at the Boston Tea Party when I was 16. I just bought a ticket and went in although they sold alcohol. They had a terrific oil lights show mixing colors on the band. I sat on the floor, center. There were rooms off the main stage, I looked in but didn’t go in. I was pretty streetwise for 16 since I basically crossed the city every day to go to HS. My favorite band back then, I had the first two albums. Alvin Lee was more than great that night. Saw Quicksilver there too with a friend of mine.

That other band mentioned had about seven guitarists but a friend swore that only three played. Saw them twice open for bigger groups. Strictly a warm up band partly due to lack of material.

Last edited:
I saw them at the Boston Tea Party when I was 16. I just bought a ticket and went in although they sold alcohol. They had a terrific oil lights show mixing colors on the band. I sat on the floor, center. There were rooms off the main stage, I looked in but didn’t go in. I was pretty streetwise for 16 since I basically crossed the city every day to go to HS. My favorite band back then, I had the first two albums. Alvin Lee was more than great that night. Saw Quicksilver there too with a friend of mine.

That other band mentioned had about seven guitarists but a friend swore that only three played. Saw them twice open for bigger groups. Strictly a warm up band partly due to lack of material.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT