ADVERTISEMENT

Who else went to Neyland?

Red Pants

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2023
Apologies in advance for the long-winded post. Wanted to reflect on the momentous win Sat.

I hadn't been to Neyland in a few years. I enjoy the trip and the stadium is a quality venue to see a Dawgs win, but I was shocked at how sketchy the outside was other than the one gate that they improved for the Vol Walk and recruiting. The girders holding it up look like a roller coaster and some of the gates reminded me of Grant Field, with the exposed dirt and rock and broken windows in the interior layer.

The concourses are extremely tight to the point of being a little scary. Lines for everything from beer to pissers to refreshments further crowded it and the walk ways became one huge glut of bodies.

I didn't see any bad behavior from either fan base and we had some quality interactions with Vol fans. While they are some of the worst online, they have almost always been very friendly in person in my experience.

I now have a winning record again in that stadium (5-4) as I'm sure many of you do after the success there since 2001. My first couple games there were in the 90s, so winning there any time means a lot. It is also nice to have ended the divisional rivalry with them on a 7-game win streak. They started it with a streak over us, but we won the overall series as division rivals at 18-14 after losing the first 8.

My favorite (fairly) regular road stadiums to see the Dawgs in -
1. LSU
2. Tenn
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Ole Miss

Yours?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series