ADVERTISEMENT

Why Republicans keep Losing

richb1

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Atlanta
This is from Erick Erickson today, who generally makes a lot of sense.

It is official. Republicans have taken back the House of Representatives. They gathered yesterday to announce their first official act: an investigation into Hunter Biden.
Dumbasses.
What a bunch of idiots. The American people just rejected the GOP “own the libs” strategy. They signaled they’d love to have responsible adult Republicans in charge. In fact, from NEW YORK STATE !!!! to Arizona, voters elected Republicans who ran on local issues tied to the economy and crime.
The GOP won the House of Representatives in large part because Lee Zeldin and the New York Republicans focused like a laser on the economy and crime.
So the first big act of the GOP is to investigate a guy who is already being investigated by the feds and headed towards a prosecution. Sure, they say it is about Joe Biden. But here’s a dirty little secret.
All of you mad at me for ridiculing this already love this and if they did not do this, you’d still vote for them. There’s not a single damn independent voter in America who is going to look at this and think, “Oh my gosh, I so regret voting Democrat in November.” In fact, most independent voters think both parties are already corrupt and play the system to their advantage. In 2016, Donald Trump pointed it all out and voters loved him for it. This is just more of that and won’t accomplish anything.
The GOP lost 13% of its own voters in the general election and a majority of independent voters. It is the first election in five where the independents sided with the incumbent president’s party. The areas of the country where the independents sided with the GOP were areas where the GOP did not run poo flinging monkeys intent on making spectacles of themselves while screaming about 2020.
What a stupid, stupid thing to do. This is basically a big middle finger to the independents who just rejected the GOP because these voters were afraid they’d be handing the GOP over to “own the lib” poo flingers instead of responsible adults who actually want to govern.
“But it’s a divided Congress so all we can do is investigate,” they say.
OK. So how about you investigate FTX and its ties to regulators and Democrats. A lot more Americans lost their money through that grift than through Hunter Biden’s laptop.
Oh hey, maybe investigate the Biden Administration’s collusion with environmental groups to hurt American energy production.
No. Wait! How about forming a special committee to investigate the national security apparatus of the United States with a special focus on the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
Or, I don’t know, maybe investigate the Department of Education collaborating with school boards to declare parents terrorists.
Uhhh… the border? Maybe?
Just a few ideas that send a better signal than “this is payback” and “we have no real agenda.” It is utterly predictable and exactly why 13% of the GOP and a majority of independents voted Democrat because they’re exhausted by the “own the libs” b.s. by the GOP and the poo flinging monkeys who bang away at keyboards without accomplishing anything.
And if you really, really, really want to do a Hunter Biden investigation, why the hell did you make it your first big announcement? Lack of impulse control? You just stepped on your own narrative.
Republicans needed to send a signal on day one that they received the voters’ message and will focus on the economy, energy, crime, and the border. Instead, their very first big announcement is investigating the Biden family via Hunter Biden’s laptop.
That will play well in conservative media and conservative bro Twitter. But the GOP already has those voters. Many reading this will cheer on the investigation into Hunter Biden and claim I don’t get it. But I do get it. They decided to scratch an itch of the hardcore base — a base they already have and will not lose — instead of responding to the voters' message.
The House GOP decided to become poo flinging monkeys. They’ll just throw crap out there for the spectacle of it and remind Americans their judgment of the party on election night was right.
Ironically, this allows a governor to run against Washington — not just the Democrats, but the GOP as well. This provides an opportunity for a Republican Governor to pull a Trump 2016 and make it about the broken and unserious establishment ignoring the needs of Americans in favor of the cheap thrills of getting nothing done.
“But ERICKSON!!! It’s really, really, truly an investigation into Joe Biden, not Hunter Biden. They said so.
And they said they’d repeal Obamacare too.
Seriously, they do this stuff because so many members of the base will seal clap, nod along, and feel like “finally somebody dun stuck it to Lyin’ Biden. Let’s go Brandon hunting, boys!” They’ll do nothing. Those of you who eat it up are called marks.
Meanwhile, the voters we need to grow our majority roll their eyes.

It is official. Republicans have taken back the House of Representatives. They gathered yesterday to announce their first official act: an investigation into Hunter Biden.
Dumbasses.
What a bunch of idiots. The American people just rejected the GOP “own the libs” strategy. They signaled they’d love to have responsible adult Republicans in charge. In fact, from NEW YORK STATE !!!! to Arizona, voters elected Republicans who ran on local issues tied to the economy and crime.
The GOP won the House of Representatives in large part because Lee Zeldin and the New York Republicans focused like a laser on the economy and crime.
So the first big act of the GOP is to investigate a guy who is already being investigated by the feds and headed towards a prosecution. Sure, they say it is about Joe Biden. But here’s a dirty little secret.
All of you mad at me for ridiculing this already love this and if they did not do this, you’d still vote for them. There’s not a single damn independent voter in America who is going to look at this and think, “Oh my gosh, I so regret voting Democrat in November.” In fact, most independent voters think both parties are already corrupt and play the system to their advantage. In 2016, Donald Trump pointed it all out and voters loved him for it. This is just more of that and won’t accomplish anything.
The GOP lost 13% of its own voters in the general election and a majority of independent voters. It is the first election in five where the independents sided with the incumbent president’s party. The areas of the country where the independents sided with the GOP were areas where the GOP did not run poo flinging monkeys intent on making spectacles of themselves while screaming about 2020.
What a stupid, stupid thing to do. This is basically a big middle finger to the independents who just rejected the GOP because these voters were afraid they’d be handing the GOP over to “own the lib” poo flingers instead of responsible adults who actually want to govern.
OK. So how about you investigate FTX and its ties to regulators and Democrats. A lot more Americans lost their money through that grift than through Hunter Biden’s laptop.
Oh hey, maybe investigate the Biden Administration’s collusion with environmental groups to hurt American energy production.
No. Wait! How about forming a special committee to investigate the national security apparatus of the United States with a special focus on the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
Or, I don’t know, maybe investigate the Department of Education collaborating with school boards to declare parents terrorists.
Uhhh… the border? Maybe?
Just a few ideas that send a better signal than “this is payback” and “we have no real agenda.” It is utterly predictable and exactly why 13% of the GOP and a majority of independents voted Democrat because they’re exhausted by the “own the libs” b.s. by the GOP and the poo flinging monkeys who bang away at keyboards without accomplishing anything.
And if you really, really, really want to do a Hunter Biden investigation, why the hell did you make it your first big announcement? Lack of impulse control? You just stepped on your own narrative.
Republicans needed to send a signal on day one that they received the voters’ message and will focus on the economy, energy, crime, and the border. Instead, their very first big announcement is investigating the Biden family via Hunter Biden’s laptop.
That will play well in conservative media and conservative bro Twitter. But the GOP already has those voters. Many reading this will cheer on the investigation into Hunter Biden and claim I don’t get it. But I do get it. They decided to scratch an itch of the hardcore base — a base they already have and will not lose — instead of responding to the voters' message.
The House GOP decided to become poo flinging monkeys. They’ll just throw crap out there for the spectacle of it and remind Americans their judgment of the party on election night was right.
Ironically, this allows a governor to run against Washington — not just the Democrats, but the GOP as well. This provides an opportunity for a Republican Governor to pull a Trump 2016 and make it about the broken and unserious establishment ignoring the needs of Americans in favor of the cheap thrills of getting nothing done.
“But ERICKSON!!! It’s really, really, truly an investigation into Joe Biden, not Hunter Biden. They said so.
Seriously, they do this stuff because so many members of the base will seal clap, nod along, and feel like “finally somebody dun stuck it to Lyin’ Biden. Let’s go Brandon hunting, boys!” They’ll do nothing. Those of you who eat it up are called marks.
I am two issuse guy protect the border get a energy policy that makes sense . if solve those two problems the the USA will be a better place. Both parties are dumb

Dumbasses.
Uhhh… the border? Maybe?
Yea. I wish the first action was something else as well. I think we are so close to the cliff with Biden, they figure independents will have no option but to vote pub. Things are about to get even uglier for the economy. Always enjoy your posts here.

They didn’t get rid of Obamacare because the wrong people are complaining about it. This appeased the poverty level folks who couldn’t afford healthcare. It cost a bunch of middle class working folks their nice coverage. So they had to scramble to get something more expensive that covered less. They were in too deep and who cares it is just the middle class. They are always the dumping grounds. Trump’s advisors said let’s wait on that. Too much money and too big a fight.

Focus on energy, the border, supply lines and inflation and things get better. People can get behind this. Stay away from the abortion topic and propose ways to fix the country’s ills. Black cloud is coming. Three huge industries are slowing down quickly. Including my own. Going to be an interesting two years. Make no mistake the Biden investigation is for the large part of their base begging for it. It did neglect the independent voters for sure.

after his election prediction Eric Ericcson has very little credibility with me. He predicted a massive red wave. Massive. He was wrong then so there is a chance he is wrong now.
Yes he was badly wrong. And I think he is angry in part because he believes he was wrong because he underestimated how many R’s and I’s would vote D against R’s whose main argument was to relitagate 2020, and it was a total missed opportunity for the party and country. So we get 4
More years of D control of the senate. Which is worth being angry about.

What is your view?

Yes he was badly wrong. And I think he is angry in part because he believes he was wrong because he underestimated how many R’s and I’s would vote D against R’s whose main argument was to relitagate 2020, and it was a total missed opportunity for the party and country. So we get 4
More years of D control of the senate. Which is worth being angry about.

What is your view?
I agree it is worth being angry about. My only point is buyer beware with what Eric, or anyone, opines about. As far as the announcement from the House, I don't think I would have led off with an announcement of the investigation. I am just hopeful they can multitask and work on energy independence and border control with the same vigor.

E.E parrots the RINO party line (like Hannity) and he has been wrong on everything since 2015 and probably longer. The truth is the party is weak and has feckless leadership. They are more interested in killing off the MAGA wing than they are in winning (especially Turtle McConnell).
I don’t listen to any talking head that is a Repug pumper, which is really just a wing of the uni-party with a better color uniform.

That is why I preferred Boortz or Limbaugh since they were Libertarians.

You have to look no farther than Mitch McConnell to figure out why Pubs keep losing elections and can probably throw Kevin McCarthy in as well. But let's look at McConnell for starters. The entire Pub caucus campaigned for yrs that they would repeal and replace Obama Care. When given the opportunity to do that, McConnell couldn't whip 3 Pubs up to accomplish this promise. One of the saboteurs was Lisa Murkowski from AK and she was especially egregious because she was on record numerous times stating the ACA was unaffordable for most. So what does McConnell do, he sends money to her in order to quash a candidate that wouldn't sabotage conservative initiatives. That leaves us with a leader that has presided over a dem legislative orgy, that enjoys a 7% approval rating and the morons give him another term as leader and now he's talking about compromising with the global statist.

Here's the deal, whether you love or hate the ideology of MAGA, it's the ideology of a big majority of the base and the Pub est that participated in campaigning for Biden and acting as if Trump policies were anything close to embarrassing or absurdly fascist, are the reason why the Pubs lost. Iows, you don't get to be a pub that voted for Biden and Warnock and then blame anything other than yourself and I'm no records as saying I hope a majority Pub house and senate should tread lightly on gotcha hearings.

You and Erick are confused about the "Hunter Biden" investigation. The investigation just starts at Hunter to follow the money stream, millions, up to Joe. Most of the money stream comes from the Chinese, some from corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs. "Our" President is fully compromised, and Hunter is just the bag man.

This investigation is not about Hunter.

Last edited:
Yea. I wish the first action was something else as well. I think we are so close to the cliff with Biden, they figure independents will have no option but to vote pub. Things are about to get even uglier for the economy. Always enjoy your posts here.

They didn’t get rid of Obamacare because the wrong people are complaining about it. This appeased the poverty level folks who couldn’t afford healthcare. It cost a bunch of middle class working folks their nice coverage. So they had to scramble to get something more expensive that covered less. They were in too deep and who cares it is just the middle class. They are always the dumping grounds. Trump’s advisors said let’s wait on that. Too much money and too big a fight.

Focus on energy, the border, supply lines and inflation and things get better. People can get behind this. Stay away from the abortion topic and propose ways to fix the country’s ills. Black cloud is coming. Three huge industries are slowing down quickly. Including my own. Going to be an interesting two years. Make no mistake the Biden investigation is for the large part of their base begging for it. It did neglect the independent voters for sure.
Zinger...what is your industry...Insurance??

Reactions: zingerdawg
Both parties are dumb
There are certainly some dumb ones but the dumb in either party are few and far between. Both parties are playing a game and the dumb ones are handled by people that can send them packing back to the home district on a Greyhound if they don't play along.

Want to close a union factory in IL, send the jobs across the border and import the products back in for free? You don't have to convince a pol of either party that it's good for their constituents, just make sure you pad the war chest. Want to import products from China that were produced by state owned industries with virtual slave labor, just buy off a few pubs and the next thing you know, anyone that complains is a xenophobe. We may be where we are because some voters are dumb but we aren't here because the Pols don't know what they are doing.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Just my opinion on why Republicans lose....

Very little self awareness. They think they are more popular and more inspirational than they
are. They dont realize what an uphill climb they face getting elected.

They havent figured out how to compensate for the big cities. I may be mistaken, but in the Oz-Fetterman election, Pennsylvania looked mostly red to me, except Philly.

They run bad candidates. Herschel Walker is exhibit A. Gary Black would have been much better. But we chose a well known football player, over an experienced leader. Smh.

I was in Corporate Insurance and Employee Benefits for over 25 years....after Obamacare I got out after a coprorate downsizing....I agree will get much worse before it gets better
Yep. This inflation will help for a minute to raise some pay. But the real pain is just beginning. Everyone has taken the value out of their house by heloc or refi. They can’t sell it if they need to. Home values will start to drop soon if they haven’t already. No one is doing many loans. When purchasing goes down so does our biz.

You have to look no farther than Mitch McConnell to figure out why Pubs keep losing elections and can probably throw Kevin McCarthy in as well. But let's look at McConnell for starters. The entire Pub caucus campaigned for yrs that they would repeal and replace Obama Care. When given the opportunity to do that, McConnell couldn't whip 3 Pubs up to accomplish this promise. One of the saboteurs was Lisa Murkowski from AK and she was especially egregious because she was on record numerous times stating the ACA was unaffordable for most. So what does McConnell do, he sends money to her in order to quash a candidate that wouldn't sabotage conservative initiatives. That leaves us with a leader that has presided over a dem legislative orgy, that enjoys a 7% approval rating and the morons give him another term as leader and now he's talking about compromising with the global statist.

Here's the deal, whether you love or hate the ideology of MAGA, it's the ideology of a big majority of the base and the Pub est that participated in campaigning for Biden and acting as if Trump policies were anything close to embarrassing or absurdly fascist, are the reason why the Pubs lost. Iows, you don't get to be a pub that voted for Biden and Warnock and then blame anything other than yourself and I'm no records as saying I hope a majority Pub house and senate should tread lightly on gotcha hearings.
Mostly an over simplification by most pundits. The bottom line is a lot of these national races were decided by razor thin margins. The deciding factor was 18-29 year olds voting for Fetterman by more than 70% in Pennsylvania as a prime example. Young voters tipped the scales in one close election after another except in Florida where the Dems were routed. Why? because in Florida there is a plurality of older voters actually paying attention to inflation, crime and the border. Those issues that all the polls indicated voters were concerned about. They (older voters) aren’t as influenced by Hollywood, late night talk show hosts or liberal dominated social media. The other never mentioned factor is that Hispanics in Florida aren’t the same as those in Texas. They’re usually Cuban or from South America and suspicious of anything that looks like Socialism. Then there’s groups of what I call “pretend“ Republicans like the Lincoln Project. Not really conservative at all and don’t really fit into either party but would rather sabotage other Republicans even if it means Democrats win. I’ll give the Democrats one thing. They stick together no matter how wrong they might be on the so-called kitchen table issues or how bad inflation or crime might be. Doesn’t matter they’re gonna march out and vote for anyone with Dem next to their name. See Pennsylvania again.

Last edited:
I agree it is worth being angry about. My only point is buyer beware with what Eric, or anyone, opines about. As far as the announcement from the House, I don't think I would have led off with an announcement of the investigation. I am just hopeful they can multitask and work on energy independence and border control with the same vigor.
Dems in the Senate will block any meaningful legislation. Like when Biden was asked what he’d do differently……….his response “Nothing“.

Mostly an over simplification by most pundits. The bottom line is a lot of these national races were decided by razor thin margins. The deciding factor was 18-29 year olds voting for Fetterman by more than 70% in Pennsylvania as a prime example. Young voters tipped the scales in one close election after another except in Florida where the Dems were routed. Why? because in Florida there is a plurality of older voters actually paying attention to inflation, crime and the border. Those issues that all the polls indicated voters were concerned about. They (older voters) aren’t as influenced by Hollywood, late night talk show hosts or liberal dominated social media. The other never mentioned factor is that Hispanics in Florida aren’t the same as those in Texas. They’re usually Cuban or from South America and suspicious of anything that looks like Socialism. Then there’s groups of what I call “pretend“ Republicans like the Lincoln Project. Not really conservative at all and don’t really fit into either party but would rather sabotage other Republicans even if it means Democrats win. I’ll give the Democrats one thing. They stick together no matter how wrong they might be on the so-called kitchen table issues or how bad inflation or crime might be. Doesn’t matter they’re gonna march out and vote for anyone with Dem next to their name. See Pennsylvania again.

Obviously, the Pubs have a demographic problem (a lot of which they helped create) but that is even more of a reason to avoid pissing off their base and criticizing freedom caucus reps and a huge portion of their base.

Candidates that have traditional conservative values are past and future of the R party.

Maggats and the mouth breathing supporters are not. It isn’t pro wrestling.

Dems in the Senate will block any meaningful legislation. Like when Biden was asked what he’d do differently……….his response “Nothing“.
Yup. Only now they have Joe and Hunter dead to rights and can pass the note under the table asking Joe if he wants to deal now or get dragged through the PR mud with his boy for two more years.

Dumbasses.
Uhhh… the border? Maybe?
Trump was dropping MOABS after 6 months in his first term. He will be carpet bombing the Mexican border with the new cluster M.O.A.B.S, and he might precision bomb TreeHuggers in Cali. I think for sure mushroom clouds in every state that there Governer didnt charge the Capital Jan.6 2020. Iwjk no chili for me plz.

after his election prediction Eric Ericcson has very little credibility with me. He predicted a massive red wave. Massive. He was wrong then so there is a chance he is wrong now.
Even the Blues expected the red wave I could see fear in their eyes lol jkncfmp Go Dawgs!

Dumbasses.
Uhhh… the border? Maybe?
you are very brave, gofor2n22 and start a thread on religion and politics. A mod free, for all. Cage match.@Blayne Gilmer can be the ref.(pee wee Anderson) restlin@religion@gamjn@gamblun@churchin@clubin r@rgaming@gambling@churchin@clubin r@rg@g@c@c. jkidwtgtc HBTMFD

Last edited:
The Republicans are masters of taking an election handed to them on a silver platter and screwing it up. It's one of the great mysteries of life.

The Republicans are masters of taking an election handed to them on a silver platter and screwing it up. It's one of the great mysteries of life.

It's almost like they really don't want to control the border, allow citizens to buy any health insurance policy they desire, stop corps from farming out jobs in order to use slave labor in China or ensure the country is energy independent. If I didn't know better (yeah right) I'd start thinking the Pubs are statist just like the Dems and would rather be the impotent minority than champions of liberty.

Did we not win the House? Enough to f up and foil Democrat plans so they can’t pass a fing thing? yeah I think we did.

Didn't seem to hurt the Dems with voters after they spent 4 years investigating Trump for no reason.

You and Erick are confused about the "Hunter Biden" investigation. The investigation just starts at Hunter to follow the money stream, millions, up to Joe. Most of the money stream comes from the Chinese, some from corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs. "Our" President is fully compromised, and Hunter is just the bag man.

This investigation is not about Hunter.
The sad thing about the Libs is that they don’t understand that China owns the Biden family. This is the first step in this country becoming a Socialist country. The USA has no secrets from China now. Our big stick is gone.

Here's the reason:

Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan explained to CBS News why he chose not to vote for Walker ahead of Tuesday’s runoff election, where the Republican challenger faces off against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.

"I’m a conservative. I’m a conservative because I think it’s the best way to govern. I’ve been a Republican a lot longer than a lot of folks. I think I’ve got kids probably that could articulate the conservative platform better than some of the candidates that Donald Trump and his group supported all across the country," Duncan told CBS News congressional correspondent Nikole Killion last week.

So this asswipe hates Trump more than he likes conservative government because I don't care what you think about HW, he's not going to vote 90% for the Biden agenda. As I mentioned above, you don't get to endorse or virtually endorse the current Dem regime with their insane anti American agenda and then blame the Pub candidates you hate for losing the election.

Just my opinion on why Republicans lose....

Very little self awareness. They think they are more popular and more inspirational than they
are. They dont realize what an uphill climb they face getting elected.

They havent figured out how to compensate for the big cities. I may be mistaken, but in the Oz-Fetterman election, Pennsylvania looked mostly red to me, except Philly.

They run bad candidates. Herschel Walker is exhibit A. Gary Black would have been much better. But we chose a well known football player, over an experienced leader. Smh.
Gary Black would have been trounced by Warnock. In the primary HW got 68% Gary got 13,%. How could be ever beat Warnock?

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Gary Black would have been trounced by Warnock. In the primary HW got 68% Gary got 13,%. How could be ever beat Warnock?

In my opinion, Gary Black would have been a stronger candidate.

No history of mental illness
No history of domestic violence
No history of lying

No accusations of being against abortion, while paying for women to have them.

My point is Walker is an EASY target

The problem with what this guy spouts is the Republicans have no choice. The putrid, disgusting democRATs have weaponized federal agencies for political persecution of anyone opposing them and they have turned congress into a propaganda circus for the dimwitted.
Unfortunately, the God denier contingent in this country has metastasized (as evidenced by most of the 'RATs on this site) and the number of lost souls among our young people is epidemic. The older 'RATs like the ones on this site knew right from wrong at one time but no longer care and the lost young people have never known. They have been programmed since birth with celebrity worship and steeped in desire for instant gratification. Far too many have little or no work ethic. The scumbag democRAT party capitalizes on these sad facts.
So, republicans have to fight back. Tragically they must use the same tactics in congress to expose the criminal enterprise the democRAT party has become. Meanwhile they have to defend such bedrock institutions as traditional marriage and Christian faith because if we don't, the country is done. It cannot continue down the woke wormhole and survive.
When Republicans do that, the living evil sits back and says, "if you were real Christians you would just kneel down and let the lions eat you." This to the delight of the fools and the ghouls and the acolytes of Satan.

Didn't seem to hurt the Dems with voters after they spent 4 years investigating Trump for no reason.
Exactly………..the dumbing down of the electorate especially among young voters was the biggest reason a red wave didn’t happen. Over 70% of 18-29 yr olds in Pa voted for Fetterman…..most of these young folks have never sacrificed anything and still think they’re entitled. But Biden certainly hooked many in with the promise of forgiving student loans as a prime example.

Here's the reason:

Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan explained to CBS News why he chose not to vote for Walker ahead of Tuesday’s runoff election, where the Republican challenger faces off against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.

"I’m a conservative. I’m a conservative because I think it’s the best way to govern. I’ve been a Republican a lot longer than a lot of folks. I think I’ve got kids probably that could articulate the conservative platform better than some of the candidates that Donald Trump and his group supported all across the country," Duncan told CBS News congressional correspondent Nikole Killion last week.

So this asswipe hates Trump more than he likes conservative government because I don't care what you think about HW, he's not going to vote 90% for the Biden agenda. As I mentioned above, you don't get to endorse or virtually endorse the current Dem regime with their insane anti American agenda and then blame the Pub candidates you hate for losing the election.
Yep it’s folks like Duncan that helped get Biden elected. Lincoln project my ass…………those folks are traitors to the Republican Party. I’ll give the Dems credit for one thing, they stick together. They’ll vote for anyone, no matter brain dead or already dead without question if there is a Dem next to their name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT