ADVERTISEMENT

“SAM-un”….

Me and Dad used to wear em out!
Momma made biscuits almost every night.
Daddy would pour him some pure cane syrup and mash up about a half stick of butter and go to soppin!
Did biscuits that way too….but mostly had hoecake with cane syrup & butter. Hoecake was just a big azz biscuit where I grew up, made in cast iron skillet. It was the size of the skillet it was made in…..just break some off and sop it. Loved it, grew up with it for the most part almost daily.

It is what us PO people did.

Fried fish and fried fish eggs always went well with cane syrup too….simple times back then, but always good times.

Everybody should be poor at least once in their lifetime.

Last edited:
Did biscuits that way too….but mostly had hoecake with cane syrup & butter. Hoecake was just a big azz biscuit where I grew up, made in cast iron skillet. It was the size of the skillet it was made in…..just break some off and sop it. Loved it, grew up with it for the most part almost daily.

It is what us PO people did.

Fried fish and fried fish eggs always went well with cane syrup too….simple times back then, but always good times.

Everybody should be poor at least once in their lifetime.
Momma made hoe cakes too. How cakes were made for sopping and she made biscuits for eating . The biscuits weren’t kneed as much as the hoe cakes and they would fall apart if you tried to sop with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT