ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day ðŸš¨ D’ville’s Fake 321 🚨

donalsonville_dawg

Bird Law Expert
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2014
Atlanta, GA
This week’s Fake 3-2-1 is brought to you by and for Apalachee High School.

Honestly this one hit me hard for some reason and between this tragedy and this week’s opponent I didn’t have it in me to do the usual schtick. So this week, I want to remember and honor the ones who passed away, the ones who were hurt, and commend the brave resource officer who confronted the shooter and no doubt saved countless lives with his courage.

Wednesday morning, the students and faculty likely had a normal morning. They got up, had breakfast, hugged their parents or kids, got on the bus or in their car, and went to school. A place where our kids and educators should be safe. Four people tragically didn’t make it home; 9 were hospitalized with injuries, and no doubt hundreds were traumatized in ways that we will never fully understand if we haven’t been in their shoes.

We had a terrible tragedy and there’s so many questions about why, how, and what to do now. But this post isn’t about that (so respectfully please don’t make it about that - let’s not get this nuked).

This post it to remind you all that life is short. This post is to remind you that one day, you’re going to hug your kid for the last time. You’re going to walk your dog for the last time. You’re going to kiss your spouse for the last time. You’re going to go on your last vacation or have your last good meal. And none of us know if that day is today, next week, or 50 years from now.

So my request for this week’s 3-2-1 is this: hug 3 people that matter to you today. Tell 2 people you love that you love them. Kiss 1 person on the cheek who you care about. You can’t take those hugs, kisses, and words with you. Give them out today. Tomorrow. This weekend. Drop a line below and tell the Vent what you’re going to do.

Please keep the Winder community in your thoughts, prayers, meditations, whatever matters to you. If you’re so moved, donate to a go fund me for the victims or some other cause that is special to you. These folks are hurting, and I have to imagine that a little extra money - while it won’t solve their problems - will give people one less thing to worry about.

Dawgs by a million tomorrow; Apalachee forever in our thoughts.

The Fake 3-2-1 will be back to its normal shenanigans next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.