1960’s Prophetic words from Burton Cummings and The Guess Who

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Too many churches and not enough truth
Too many people and not enough eyes to see
Too many lives to lead and not enough time

Many churches have taken their eyes off God and scripture. Truth becomes irrelevant to appease behavior.

The mocking of God is a dangerous business. We don’t make the rules. Bastardizing scripture is dangerous and doesn’t help anyone.

Just wanted to share my opinion.

The song is not about churches or God. It;s about a LSD trip.
There's a lot more going on in that song than that. Yes, it's inspired by a girl at a party who OD'd and fell into a coma. The song speculates what her life was like. It's about loss, failure and generally how life can let us down. It mentions several aspects of life, including the church, that might fail us in our worst moments.

Twisted my fingers in knots trying to play this...

Last edited:
There's a lot more going on in that song than that. Yes, it's inspired by a girl at a party who OD'd and fell into a coma. The song speculates what her life was like. It's about loss, failure and generally how life can let us down. It mentions several aspects of life, including the church, that might fail us in our worst moments.

Twisted my fingers in knots trying to play this...
That was terrific by an under appreciated singer and band. Randy Bachman and his son Tal used to do a fantastic show on the XM radio Beatles channel. They deconstructed the songs by beat, time, harmonies, chords, syncopation, everything you could imagine. Way beyond my knowledge but they made it very enjoyable.

The song is not about churches or God. It;s about a LSD trip.
Why should I care? The words explain perfectly why our world is so screwed up. As I stated in my post, it is my opinion.

Proud of you for the time spent studying Guess Who song meanings and pointing that out. It means more to me than you will ever know.

Oh, and you missed the point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT