ADVERTISEMENT

2 Concerns with Curtis

nostalgia80

Diehard supporter
Jul 3, 2001
For the life of me, I cannot understand why we would take his verbal today for 2 main reasons:

1. Not only was he not offered by Texas and A&M, but most of their fans don't even know who he is. More concerning is that he has no offer from Baylor, TCU or Texas Tech.

Briles and Patterson built top 5 teams last year by finding diamonds in the rough from Texas with speed. This kid is seemingly a perfect fit for either offense. Temple, Texas is a half-hour drive from the Baylor campus and less than 2 hours from TCU, but yet neither school had offered this speedster from their backyard. So why would we take his verbal now, especially when...?

2. Our numbers were already very tight and it looks as if we will clearly oversign at WR/DB this year at the expense of other positions. Granted both spots were depleted, but we did sign 4 WRs and 7 DBs last year. With 85 total scholarships, it makes little sense to follow that up with a dozen guys who will play WR or DB in the 16 class. Plus, sign Curtis and I see no way Tyler Simmons is in this class and I'd prefer the much higher-rated instate player from a pipeline school with similar measurables and offers from the likes of Alabama and A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News