ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Class Breakdown

HHolland92

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Alright, time has come for the annual class breakdown. Sit down and grab a drink, will be here a while

Here we go:

Brock Bowers - Uber athletic TE, but almost in the mold of an Arik Gilbert type TE where he is mainly used as a pass catcher. Built like a jumbo WR. Can ROLL I mean can really run for a TE. Good ball skills. Make no mistake he was #1 on Todd Hartley’s board.

Javon Bullard - even if it wasn’t a Covid year, he still wouldn’t have went to any camps. Very physical, I think he brings a similar skill set as Divaad Wilson and can play the star position as well. Not expecting him to be a day 1 contributor, but he is of the mindset that he is elite and those typa kids are usually motivated to prove themselves. Good ball skills and hips. Not many people know this but he can jump outta the gym too, nationally ranked long jumper.

Lovasea Carroll - FAST I mean can outrun anyone in the open field, been a while since UGA has signed a guy like him. Underrated between the tackles as a pure RB. Runs upright, something he needs to work on at the next level imo and also can use his body more physically in breaking tackles, it’s something he doesn’t have to do much because he usually just outruns everyone. Great ball skills, has played a lot of WR. I get Kenyan Drake vibes, but needs to be used in the way the Saints use Kamara and lets him get the ball in space. 11 yards per carry against top competition at IMG.

Chaz Chambliss - no non-sense, not flashy, but will bust yo ass guy. He’s not that long and not a speed guy but extremely physical. He will need to be on the field for run downs, can set the edge and collapse. Uses hands well, but uses his whole body while shedding blocks which is good in a sense but can also get you out of kilter on the next level when others are just as big and physical as you are. Nose for the ball. When he tackles you, you’re going down, period. I think he will be a role player. Seen some comps for Nate McBride, do not understand those at all? Nate was an athlete with football upside, Chaz is a football player first and foremost, also they play diff positions. How UGA used Jordan Jenkins in stuffing the run would be ideal for how Chaz needs to be used. Would it surprise me for him to be a multi year contributor? No. Would it surprise me for him to be recruited over and not see much PT at all? No. Not sure how this one is going to play out, id expect him to make him and early impact on ST. He was a take for Clemson too, fwiw.

David Daniel - talking about guys that will lay yo ass out? Here’s another. Ideally would be the Lewis Cine to someone like Terrion Arnold’s Richard Lecounte skillset. Underrated ball skills, Woodstock used him at WR all season. His athleticism isn’t talked about enough, he can move well. The first commit for UGA this class, kudos to him for staying the course and recruiting for UGA. Hard worker and has the right attitude off the field. I expect him to be a future contributor for sure and likely starter at some point.

Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins - TID is a large human. Grew a ton within the past year/year and a half. I expect him to be a future nose, dude takes up a ton of space. Uses his size and brute strength to dominate at the HS level. He’s a little raw, but has a very high ceiling. Needs to get in a little better shape, when you go thru a growing spree and put on 50 lbs it’s tough carrying it like how you carry 250 lbs. When he hits the college weight room and turns his body more lean then that will help even more. I could see UGA trying to use him in a fashion they used JD99. Reasons to be very excited about this one, huge pickup for Tray Scott quite literally to pull the #1 player in South Carolina.

Marlin Dean - not a very refined player right now, but he does have upside. Reminds me a bit of Zion Logue out of HS. True 6’7 and his arms are longer than tree limbs. Was typically around the ball at IMG this year, was impressed with that. More raw Malik Herring frame now, but could pack on and be a true DT? Definitely someone that’ll take a while to see the field tho imo.

Dylan Fairchild - one of the more underrated recruits in this class. Will be a multi year starter at guard for UGA imo. Was dinged up early, but had a great senior season. STRONG dude and a dominant wrestler. He is someone that could play early, but it just depends on who’s in front of him. Great player and eval by UGA staff for prioritizing him early. If didn’t make a move when they did, was leaning AU early. Much better than his ranking on rivals, will be a good one in Athens. Can tell you right now I’m high on this dude, strong mentally too.

Nyland Green - this was a wild recruitment to say the least. Was a silent for clemson, then AU led, then UGA, then Tennessee, but UGA was the constant. Coach Warren was big in this one. Nyland has great length and speed, can get beat and then make up for it type of athlete. Not sure why teams threw his way this year tbh. Excellent ball skills. Should be a really good one at UGA and was critical at such a position of need in this class. I like him better than Jordan Hancock. Legit 6’2. Great kid and will bust his ass to get on the field. Would like to see him add a little mass and retain that speed and quickness. I think he’d be an awesome safety too, but is set on CB for right now.

Jonathan Jefferson - one of my favorites in this class. Committed, didn’t say a word and never waivered. Has put on good weight and remained his speed and quickness. BY FAR the most refined DL signed in this class and probably one of the most ready in general imo. Got linebacker ankles and quick off the snap. Uses his hands fantastic with great technique. Very productive whether inside or at DE his Jr year. Will very likely be a DE in UGA base D. Very excited about a solid player right here.

Jamon Dumas-Johnson - here me out here and don’t call me crazy.. he will see minutes before Mondon and maybe Sorey. Honestly, I think he’s the most instinctive LB for UGA’s class by a good margin. His film impressed the hell outta me. Definition of a football player. Yes he gives Monty Rice vibes and seen a lotta ppl give that comp, but he’s a little longer framed and more rocked up tho. Heard ppl griping about taking his commitment in the summer, was laughable to me. Not only was he a take but a priority. St Frances isn’t a place where UGA will recruit a lot, so there’s something character wise that stood out for him with UGA staff. Ask ppl that have seen him live, they will tell you all you need to know about him. Most polished LB in Georgia’s class and INSTINCTS.

Kamari Lassiter - his film is fun to watch, sheesh. Flies to the ball when tackling in space, and has good technique at CB. He needs to work on a few things to not get beat with the long ball, but overall he’s a helluva football player. Big, strong dude. Nice length. Another option for the Star position. Very physical, will pop you more than more corners for sure. UGA trailed for most this recruitment, was AU and Clemson lean for a while. Clemson def wanted him. High character kid. His HC thinks he’s about the best he’s ever coached. He could grow into safety too. Very interested in how he’s going to pan out..

Jackson Meeks - quite frankly, I have concerns here. Not about his ball skills or ability to make plays, but health is a concern for me with him. Also he doesn’t get the separation on HS DBs that you really want to see. With that said, he can have dudes draped all over him and still come down with it. I just want to see more explosiveness. Good story and glad to see him get an opportunity to prove himself. Chose him over Deion Colzie, will see how it plays out.

Amarius Mims - LARGE human being. Let’s get that outta the way first and foremost. Not a fat boy either, 6’7 320 with not much bad weight. Needs to work on technique, won’t be able to simply use his size to dominate at the college level. He plays pass downs like how he plays rush downs lol needs to be fully engaged and focused on every play, this will come at the next level. I see him maybe starting out at RT and moving over to LT later. Was basically a silent when Pittman was here, when he left Mims was actually leaning Bama.. Coach Luke stayed after it and Bama ended up landing Latham and Brockermeyer and it was a wrap. Maybe wont be ready day 1, but he is a Legitimate Top 5 in draft potential.

Adonai Mitchell - I like his size, dude is jacked. Doesn’t know much about route running, will need some coaching up for sure so don’t see him getting early PT. Seems to have strong hands. Physical guy. He’s someone I could very well see him coming on and being a nice contributor later on or someone who never sees the field, not sure how he’s going to develop. Great frame tho.

Smael Mondon - athleticism is off the charts. With that said, I do think it’s gonna take a little while for him to learn to be a linebacker, especially at the SEC level. In HS, he’s coached to see ball get ball, so there’s a lot of things he needs to learn. He reminds me a bit of Channing Tindall, in a sense of it may take him a while to be a full time every down LB, but when he’s in the game he will show flashes of greatness. Another recruitment kinda like Nyland’s where a few other schools besides UGA led for him at different points. Auburn shot themselves in the foot here, but things started to trend UGA earlier than reported, before the season even started. Will be glad to see him bulk up some too. Wish he could have played a full season, he’s fun to watch. Can run like Roquan sideline to sideline, like I said ATHLETE.

Micah Morris - likely more ready RIGHT NOW than Mims imo, plays with good technique and extremely intelligent. Want to see him trim up a little bit in the weight department, shouldn’t be a problem. Torn between whether he will be a guard or tackle, I think he could play either one. Another recruitment where he shut it down early and didn’t even respond to another school. I expect him to be a starter in Athens.

Xavian Sorey Jr - Freak show of an athlete and player right here. If you was to draw up a linebacker in a lab, he is as close as to what you’d want it to come out like. He does look like an old school big time Bama Backer. I think he’s a little better out of HS version of Quay Walker, in a sense that he could play OLB, but I think ILB will be his best position. ILB is where UGA has primarily recruited him too, fwiw. One of my absolute favorites in this class. Little backstory, silently committed back in early May but one of them deals where had to recruit him harder than everyone else still. Bama came in strong late and was a bigger threat than UF.

Brock Vandagriff - almost last, certainly far from least. My favorite get in this class for sure. The most important position, especially for UGA as a school that needs a Brock Vandagriff like a fat kid needs a candy bar. He can legit make every throw. Has touch, can zip it, seen him make Stafford type sidearm throws, not afraid to throw it over the middle either. Mobile and can rush for first downs if need be, not a Kyler Murray by any means but is good at extending plays with his legs. He’s about as good as I’ve seen rolling to his left. He’s got the freakin goods. QB1 in 2022.

Jared Wilson - can tell you right now UGA staff LOVES him and was in-person eval, very high on their board. They do not view him as a 3-star whatsoever. Mack Brown and UNC was really upset when he flipped back to Georgia. Staffs love this dude’s size and upside. I think he is strictly a Guard. Kind of reminds me of Solomon Kindley. I think he will need a year development, but not many ppl are talking about him but I promise the coaches are excited. Huge dude like 340 right now, but nice feet and strong as an ox. Will not surprise me whatsoever to see him start for UGA at some point.

If you made it this far before exiting out, you’re a trooper and a football guy for sure! Overall, I really like this class. Gives me 2017 vibes with the heavy in-state haul and overall player haul. Yes we are done today, but have spots open for February and transfers. Any questions, feel free to shoot them this way. They hay is in the barn so can speak on whatever now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.