ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Class Breakdown

HHolland92

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Let’s get straight to it!

KJ Bolden - Betcha didn’t think this is where we’d be starting with, did ya? Elite level athlete that’s very refined in how he moves, very clean and doesn’t make many wasted steps anywhere. I’d encourage everyone to watch his film, it’s a fun watch… I think he could be a high level WR as well, but fully expecting him to be full time safety at UGA. Very rangy with elite ball skills for a DB. I don’t think he’s as polished as Caleb Downs was last cycle, but he’s a special prospect at the safety position. Not a head buster like Bullard, but also not afraid of contact or putting his hands on you.. his bag is covering ground in a hurry tho. Would be shocked if he didn’t see the field early at UGA. Georgia is always where he wanted to go. Probably has been to UGA 35+ times. Told y’all that he was visiting UGA before ESD that it wasn’t going to be reported… Back in the summer it’s almost like he committed to FSU out of compromise.. had some ppl in his ear telling take the AU offer and had some ppl telling him UGA is best for his future.. never got the sense that FSU should be comfortable with his commitment to them. His OV recently to Syracuse certainly didn’t hurt UGA here either (send Fran a Christmas card). One of the biggest signing day surprises in the Kirby era.

Chauncey Bowens - He’s a traditional “Bobo back”, big and thick in the lower half with four wheel drive. Body frame wise, it’s hard not to think damn this kid looks like Gurley (just about an inch or two shorter). He gets the tough extra yards, but he’s really a homerun hitter. When he get a crease, it’s one cut and a foot race. Doesn’t get caught from behind a lot.. so his skillset reminds me of a Kenneth Walker in a sense where this a big back which you’d think he’d be a plodder, but his bag is explosive plays.. he’s a little more stiff than Walker, so this isn’t a direct comparison, but their niche is the same. He also can catch the ball, another way to get on the field early at UGA. I really liked his senior film, he seems to get better and better each year which I love to see. This flip from UF had been in the works for a few months, it almost happened back in March.. he’s been HIGH on the UGA RB board since December, he’s one the staff really wanted.

Daniel Calhoun - Massive human being. No matter where he’s at, he looks twice as big as everyone else… he’s got some bad weight, will need to shed that but not too concerned there. I think he wants to be an OT, not sure he has the athleticism for that right now compared to some of the dudes in that room for UGA.. I like him at Guard. Could see him eventually getting reps at RT, but he’s going to need some strong development there imo.. but it’s possible bc he does have good feet for being that size. Finishes well when he gets his hands on you. Very interested to see how his body takes shape over the course of his career. Was pretty much a lock to UGA the entire process, there was some slight Bama noise at one time but it was never legit.

Chris Cole - He has insanely long frame, can scratch his knee caps standing up. He’s an eraser… has the ability to use his long arms to shed and then get to the ball. Closes extremely well. Former safety, so his cover skills are pretty advanced for an ILB. Will lay your ass out too. ELITE level hurdler. Thin frame up top, so will need some muscle mass before he’s ready to see the field at UGA. Really versatile player, think he can find a role early on and then expand it over time.. he’s too good not to eventually be nearly an every down type of player at some point, regardless of what’s in that room. Very high ceiling. Credit to UGA staff, they were on him when he was unranked and kept him as a top target even when he was a kid 3star prospect. His uncle was a starting LB for Miami, so had family ties there and strongly considered them for a time.. also Tenn was on him very hard. But UGA was always tough to beat from the minute they offered.

Nyier Daniels - One of the biggest gets this cycle (figuratively and literally). Has a massive frame at 6’8 340. To me I think he moves exceptionally well for a guy that size. His punch and push are fantastic. A lot of huge dudes use their body to just get in the way of the DLs, but Daniels uses his hands to attack with aggression which I love to see out of HS OLs. Could project at either OT or OG at the next level imo, moves like a tackle but looks and pushes like a guard. He’s a rich man’s Xavier Truss imo.. in a sense of he’s able to play and start at either guard or Tackle, but he’s a lot better football player than Truss.. I’ll go ahead and say that right now. As y’all know, he’s one of my favorites in this class. I think he’s a difference maker on the next level. Athens will good to him on and off the field, will be surrounded by the right ppl. Texas made this one interesting, with his old teammate Sydir being there.. but Fran locked this one up and he shut it down before that visit took place.

Marques Easley - I’m not saying he’s a walking penalty BUT he plays til the whistle… and then some. Lol probably the most athletic OL that UGA landed this cycle. Has really good hips and drive. Needs to bring the intensity on every snap, that will be corrected at UGA. He’s so athletic that you almost have to play him at Tackle, but he plays more guard style naturally. So he’s pretty versatile imo. Plays violent. Very interested to see his progression, it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up the best OL in this cycle for UGA.. if he can handle the adjustment that’s going to be getting coached hard in Athens. He was a slight Oklahoma lean at one point and Tenn was in the picture, but he always had UGA near the top… silently committed on his OV and put out a fake top 3, but confidence never waivered on the UGA side and he stuck to his word.

Ondre Evans - This is a pretty tough eval.. he hasn’t had a ton of reps against quality competition at the HS level, but in some camp settings he was the most impressive players there.. including at LSU’s big camp. He looks like a Kirby Smart DB… long and fast. I like his mentality, believe he’s down to stick around and develop his skillset. I see him as a pure CB prospect for UGA. Same HS as London Humphreys… I know LSU staff was pretty devastated that he flipped, they were counting on him being one of their premier prospects coming in this class. Fran Brown had been working him under the radar for a while before and after his LSU commitment, got him on campus unreported a few times… the more time passes, the more I really like this pickup.

Nate Frazier - I loved Branson Robinson, but Frazier is probably my favorite RB that UGA has signed since the 2018 class. In which I expect UGA recruiting of RBs to pick up with Bobo… the way he utilizes and prioritizes RBs are more attractive to recruits, along with them being more important to him in a sense of NIL allocation… meaning UGA will spend more $ at the RB now than under Monken. He reminds me a bit of Lesean McCoy, has that choppy running style and the quick feet. The fastest RB that UGA has brought in the past 5 years or so. Can be an excellent pass catching back. I’m super excited about this one, wish he was enrolling early… but I still think he can make a relatively early impact if needed. He was the #1 RB on Bama’s board throughout the cycle… they slow played Kevin Riley early (who I also LOVE on film) bc they thought they sat well with Frazier. Oregon wanted him badly up until the end. He committed silently on his unofficial visit and stuck with it.

Justin Greene - Really has reshaped his body a ton over the course last few years… hard working kid right here. He does a lot of things right technique wise, very crisp in his hands and moves.. could have closed stronger and get to the ball a little better, but he’s still learning how to move with his new frame. To me, he reminds me of a more twitched up and more pure talented version of Tramel Walthour. I don’t see a super high upside here just based on physical attributes, but I don’t see a world where can’t get on the field and contribute. Very good kid off the field, conducts himself very professionally. Took one OV to UGA and that was all she wrote, AU and SCjr had done a good job recruiting him, but he had been a UGA lean for a few months before his decision.

Marcus Harrison - Has a rare frame.. 1% body. 6’7.5 and carries 330 like it’s 270. Coming in pretty raw, having SEC coaching is going to work wonders for him imo. Biggest area that he needs work on is the footwork, learning that kickstep in pass protection. Once he gets his hands on you, he’s got you. He may have the biggest jump in improvement from jr film to sr film out of anyone in this class, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw what he looked like this year… he was so much more comfortable this year. He has a tackle build, just needs to learn how to use his body and that elite build. I had no problem taking him, he has a high ceiling imo… I don’t think he’s a guy that’s going to crack the lineup in short order, but he could develop into a starter. Looks like a hitman for the mafia. Scary dude. Had been considered a lock to Wisconsin (who typically finds some studs on the OL), but when he found out he was a take for UGA it opened his eyes and he loved everything about his visit. The scavenger hunt sealed the deal and he absolutely shut it down.

Colton Heinrich - Big framed dude that can move well, but not super explosive and not going to stretch the field. He’s more of a possession type TE… you’re not going to see the wow plays here, but he does the necessary things it takes that makes a football team better. He can 6 yard catch you to death. Good and willing blocker at this stage already. Not twitchy or explosive. Solid depth piece imo. Reminds me of a shorter version of Jeb Blazevich. He was a take for Bama and Ohio St also liked him quite a bit. Once he committed he shut it down and visited Athens about 100 times it seemed like.

Nasir Johnson - One of the highest ceiling guys in the class. Has a fantastic frame, could legit be a P5 OT if that’s what he wanted to pursue… dude looks like a 2 inch shorter version of Amarius Mims off the hoof, he has a well proportioned frame. He’s very raw coming from a small HS, plays a little high and needs a higher motor… but damn when he turns it on he’s freaky talented. Plays on both sides of the ball, which is very hard for a big man to do so I can tell in film where he’s gassed. Will take a bit to adjust to college coaching and everything, but he can be as good as he wants to be. Everyone in the Dublin community loves him fwiw, good kid. Florida made a really good early eval here… I always thought UGA should have been on him a little earlier, but after seeing his development early on his senior year it was solidified he was a priority target for UGA. He made Georgia staff work for it, was still communicating with UF and FSU a good bit even when UGA started to surge.. but once he took that OV he was sold and got the love he wanted to see from UGA staff.

Quintavius Johnson - I like him. The more I watch him, the better he is. Plays the run surprisingly disciplined for being his size and skillset. Engages with the OTs and uses his hands well, rather than just using his athleticism to blow past them which is what most edge guys do in HS. He played QB a lot this year and honestly it’s kinda absurd watching a guy his size move in the open field the way he does. Needs some time to focus on one position and also needs to reshape his body some in the upper half and put on about 12-15 lbs of good weight, but he has a pretty high ceiling and fits what UGA does. I think he can actually grow into a DE/5 tech in UGA system if that’s what they choose to do with him. Worked out for the staff multiple times. Got invited to the scavenger hunt, so he had been a take for a while longer than most thought. Tennessee wanted him badly, but loved UGA for a long time now and never waivered.

Joseph Jonah-Ajonye - Probably has the highest ceiling in this class. He gets fantastic push, closes quickly, and strong at the point of attack, heavy and violent hands.. but he still doesn’t truly know how to use his hands. Plays a bit high, but that will get worked out quickly imo bc he has nice get off the line for a dude his size… his potential is thru the roof. Huge wingspan, I’d say pushing close to a 7 footer there. I have zero idea how his body is going to end up, typically the Nigerians get BIG quickly if that’s the route UGA wants to take with his frame. He’s not crazy flexible, but his body is also transitioning to size gain. I think he will start out at DE/5 tech but he could balloon up quickly and be a 3tech… truly don’t know where he’s going to end up on the DL… he’s the youngest recruit in this class for UGA. He was set to go to Oklahoma, but when UGA came calling he was so locked in immediately that it was pretty much done before he even took his first visit… UGA is truly his dream school.

Demello Jones - One of my favorites this cycle. Personally, I want him at safety. I don’t think he has the same ridiculous athleticism as Malaki Starks, but he brings some of the same traits to the table coming out of HS. I also think he can play CB due to his hips being very loose, there’s not much stiffness there at all. Extremely instinctive and just a pure football player. One of the guys that plays better when the lights are on and it’s a big game… I love that. Will take some time to learn the position(s) imo. He has dog characteristics, he actually loves the game and not just concerned with NIL or all the things that go with that. UGA got on him when he was unranked and he stayed true, he loved UGA before the process even began. Bama and Tenn both pushed to flip him but he never considered it outside of going on some visits.

Kris Jones - It sucks that his senior year got derailed with the injury. I love the way his HS uses him, they would send him after the QB like how UGA uses Jalon Walker, but also let him play the traditional ILB as well. He’s not a burner speed wise, his game is more being in the right place and making his move at the right time.. savvy type, but pretty damn strong too, especially at the point of attack you can really see how he actually bullies OTs even tho he’s undersized to be coming off the edge. Great kid off the field. Reminds me a bit of Rian Davis, I know he had a rough go of it with injuries but similar from a size/speed combo. Not a freaky athlete imo and it may be a while before he sees PT with what’s in Athens and what’s coming in, but a solid addition to an already ridiculous LB room. Was a strong lean to UF, but when Sammy Brown and Riddick chose elsewhere, it opened this door.

Drew Miller - Not often you see a punter recruit also play QB and run the way he does.. it’s pretty damn impressive actually. Traditional punting style. Let’s defer to @MepoDawg# to give us a proper eval👀

Nnamdi Ogboko - I think this one will need some time, he’s very raw. But he is built uniquely for a guy that’s 330, he doesn’t have a ton of belly fat and his lower half thigh area is huge, but not in a sloppy way.. he actually has really skinny ankles which I like to see. Sheds pretty well, but at UGA will be asked to clog. When he learns to play lower and gets the coaching that UGA will provide, should see him make gradual strides by his junior year. He had 25 TFLs this year… for a NT, that’s pretty damn impressive. Even when he plays out of position, he still moves relatively well. He has a brother that looks like a top 50 type talent in class of 2026 as well. Notre Dame wanted him badly… they made a big push since his commitment to UGA during the summer, but he stayed solid.

Dwight Phillips Jr. - Probably the fastest player in the nation. The only football player in the state of GA that has clocked faster is Tyreek. And you can back that up with verified times… true 10.2 guy. Personally, I don’t see him as a traditional RB at all. I think he’s a gadget weapon… I like his hands and can really be utilized in space. I can see the James Cook comparisons, but I haven’t seen a dude like DPjr at UGA.. I don’t see him getting as much work as JC did, don’t think he has the frame for that.. but hell, neither did Cook early on. If he gets any room then nobody is touching him without an angle. I think he’s close to a poor man’s Percy Harvin in regards to how he can be used, which is a compliment. DPjr is a thinner guy that can knife a defense in one play. Typical track guy build tho, so worry about him staying healthy. Really only considered UGA once they zero’d in on him… I know Prime was enamored with him, but UGA is his dream school.

Ryan Puglisi - I can say it now, yes UGA chose him over Julian Sayin after his workout in summer 2022. He is still very raw and has a ton to work on… ridiculous arm talent, though. Doesn’t have much touch on his balls, needs to work on throwing it with more air under it, has a line drive motion and to me that’s why he’s struggled at times with balls batted down. His senior film was much improved imo, showed his ability to run.. not in a way like a super electric way like a Jayden Daniels, but enough to get more than a first down and then some off a busted play or some designed runs like Daniel Jones does for NYG when he’s healthy. To me, I think he definitely has some Carson Beck vibes when it comes to not being ready early, but very high ceiling arm talent. He’s down to buy in and develop under Bobo, he knows he’s not playing right away. Does things the right way, great kid off the field. Not many kids would stay on that commit list when someone with the 5star ranking like Raiola had also commits to the same school. That’s big league mentality.

Jaden Reddell - He can go get it. Big framed guy that’s already built like a college junior right now. Can make some insane contested catches. One of the dudes that you just need to get it in his area code and let him fight for it. Doesn’t have the Bowers or Delp speed nor does he have elite separation skills, but the dude comes down with the ball. Still fairly raw, so the route running and added explosion can be improved upon. His catch radius is ridiculous. Has a gallop where he covers ground and looks like he’s just floating along.. In the transfer portal era, it’s hard to predict things bc the kids don’t stick around see their way to success at UGA as often, but I’ll predict he makes some important and timely catches that saves UGA from losing a game here or there. From day one, I’ve liked his potential better than Landen Thomas… I stand by that. Multiple schools tried to get in on him after his commitment including a hefty NIL offer from one, but him and his mother LOVE some Todd Hartley and UGA.

Ellis Robinson - Pretty chalky to say this, but he’s the jewel of the class. Probably the most talented CB prospect that Kirby has brought in for UGA. Has freakishly long arms, 80 inch wingspan... Very refined cover skills at this point. Tackles extremely well. Fast and physical. Not much holes to pick on here other than him maybe needing to get a little quicker and twitchier? Smaller blazer type guys may be his toughest matchup. To my knowledge, he’s been about the only person I’ve ever seen get the best of Jeremiah Smith. Kids don’t outphysical ER4. He could be pushed into playing very early in Athens… He was definitely a Fran Brown guy… without Fran establishing that long relationship, not sure he ends up at UGA. Miami offered him a ton of money and he turned that down to be at UGA. Ellis and his family love Kirby and Muschamp, he never waivered even when Fran got his Cuse gig… Fran was also in UGA’s corner even after he left fwiw.

Jordan Thomas - Thomas is one of the higher ceiling guys in this class imo… he has unreal athleticism for being 315 lbs, runs a sub 5 second 40.. can REALLY move. The talent is oozing, but I think he played out of position some in HS. He tends to use his body to bully his way instead of using technique to win his reps. Which is fine, that’s why he’s going to UGA.. to get better and learn how to refine his game, when that happens watch out because most humans do not look and move like him. Super flexible and moves exceptionally well. He was an under the radar, sneaky recruitment… to the public. He had been a priority to Coach Scott and the whole staff for months, had took multiple visits to UGA and not all of them were reported. He’s one that I’d get excited about… shoutout to Fran Brown again.

Malachi Toliver - Needs a lot of time in the system. I don’t really see him at OT, think maybe will get most his work at Guard unless he gets moved to Center at some point.. I don’t see the footwork necessary to play OT at UGA here imo. Not sure what kinda impact he’s going to make at UGA, but Georgia needed an OL class with depth in 2024 and he was the first one to jump on board. UGA and Auburn was his two favorites, but when he found out he was a take for UGA he snatched the offer up real quick to be Dawg.

Nitro Tuggle - First guy since George Pickens that UGA has signed that has the ability to contort his body in a freakishly way. Now, they do it differently… GP used that ability to make the outrageous catches that most humans simply cannot fathom, whereas Nitro uses it after the catch.. when he jukes or changes directions it’s almost like his body turns into a slinky and he’s able to make the simple catches into big gainers. He’s not a burner, but he’s not slow… I don’t see crispy routes on his film, but he has so much body flexion that he’s able to get open enough to make plays. Had some drop issues in a few games this year, but he looks more natural on film now than he did on his jr film. Hope he sticks around and develops at UGA bc I think he can make an impact here… UF had a great early eval on him (which I really liked Napier’s evals this class - it just fell apart late) and they thought they was going to get him, but UGA had been working him under the radar for a while. Committed early and stayed the course, despite Colorado and LSU making late pushes… would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried a bit about keeping him in the fold.

Michael Uini - Off the hoof, he may be the “prettiest” OL this class for UGA. What I mean by that, there’s only so many ppl that walk the earth that look like they were designed to play Offensive Tackle… Uini is one of those ppl. Huge frame, but would like to see him play a little more mean. He’s on the raw side… hasn’t had a ton of work in pass protection against high level pass rushers. Looks a little stiff to me at times, keeps his body moving and not someone that takes plays off. Not a guy that’s going to play right away, but I’m looking forward to his progression bc he has those rare traits if the light comes on… Swung back and forth between Michigan who led for most of his process and Bama. UGA stayed on him behind the scenes but it really heated up on his visit and his family was set on UGA… which I didn’t see as a slam dunk bc Bama felt the same way UGA did after their visit. But after 3 different leaders within a 10 day period, he chose UGA and then shut it down. His top 3 are probably best 3 evaluators on the OL and sending them to the NFL… makes me feel better about his ability on the next level.

Sacovie White - I think he’s a better football player than his ranking. He’s not someone I think that’s super twitched up or a burner, but his route running is pretty clean at this stage and he has the ability to come down with some tough plays… he will never be a guy that’s an elite separator, but he has some of that Terry Godwin shit to him that just makes the football find his hands. I would be pretty surprised if he didn’t make some plays for UGA and got on the field… i could see maybe being a situation where he’s like a Chris Smith for the offense in a sense to where he sticks around in Athens for a long time and develops into a very refined football that does things the right way, in the right place, and earns a job.. regardless of some physical limitations. I don’t think he’s someone that’s going to jump in the portal very easily. Good kid off the field, probably the best mustache in the class.. usually that goes to a lineman. Family is full of Bama fans, but he never even entertained another school… UGA was loyal to him as well and never considered pushing him out for someone ranked higher, the staff also is very high on him.

Justin Williams - This is what the ideal modern LB looks. This is the freak athlete. Can be used in any capacity. Great instincts, extremely disruptive when they send him, ALWAYS around the ball, has cover skills, pretty sure he has more INTs than most DBs going P5. I think he’s a more refined Smael Mondon type player, not a huge body on him but he does everything so well. Should be able to pack on 12 lbs or so. He’s like an energizer bunny, always moving to the ball. Fantastic kid off the field, dawg nation is going to love him… he’s special. He was dead set on Oregon, UGA made its move with JJA and honestly that’s what got Georgia’s foot in the door because it was JJA’s dream school.. took a couple fantastic visits to UGA over the summer and Schu closed this thing out. Texas tried late, couldn’t get any traction. Massive get.

May can do another thread for the portal additions or just add to this thread, what would y’all prefer?

If y’all have any questions about any of the recruits or specifics in general y’all want to discuss - fire away!

ELITE class here…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News