ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Thought: Carson Beck

Strange_Noah

Stranger Danger
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2017
Chattanooga, TN
If Beck returns, I don't care about balance. I know we need to run the football and control the LOS (we will), but he is the great equalizer. He will have a full year starting under his belt and he's proven he can deal it. My point here is this, live and die by his ability in the big games. That was my biggest flaw with the game plan in the SECC. We switched up the gameplan after the first drive and went conservative. In my mind we have an upper tier QB, and we went away from him for two straight drives.

Towards the end of the game we let him pick them a part because we had to. That got us within three and a shot at the game (so did the defense until the 75 yd drive). There was a lot that went wrong and didn't fall our way, but imo it makes it harder to swallow when we didn't stay aggressive after the first drive.

I'm not saying he was playing perfect or anything like that because he wasn't. However, my opinion is Beck gets better the more he throws the ball. He's somewhat of a rhythm guy and he was our best chance of winning that game. What are your thoughts? Agree/Disagree or what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News