ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day 26 years ago today UGASports.com was born

OregonDawg

Steve Patterson, Founder
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
Pereira, Colombia
I had been working on putting the Georgia site together with Shannon and Greg at Alliance Sports the past few months. I had a site, How Bout Them Dawgs, that started the year before, but all my attention was on this new project.

On Dec 24 1997 I was offered the site and we changed the name to UGASports.com .

A month later Claude Felton called and we subsequently became the first dot com credentialed at UGA and have been so since. In 1999, Jason and I, DM, agreed to host the Dawgvent on UGASports.com.

One year later, when Alliance Sports merged with Rivals.com 1.0 I assumed ownership of UGASports.com and the Dawgvent and all associated properties.

Over those years, Dawgs Illustrated, UGASports The Magazine, UGASports LIVE were all born, two soley for credentialling reasons, the other still goes today. Funny thing, Donnan never referred to me by name, only calling me "AllianceSports." Now he is a co-host on UGASports LIVE.

Todd Unziker, Todd-U, was my first full-time hire. After that, eventually came Dash and Radi.

I developed terminal cancer in 2011 and turned over operations to Radi and Dash, and in 2014 I sold to YAHOO Sports.

I now live in Colombia, South America

Go Dawgs!!

Thank you Dawgventers for all those years at the helm.

Steve Patterson
aka

UGASports Staff
aka, before that and now again.

OregonDawg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News