ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE 7-on-7 Midday Notes from the Stadium

Jake Reuse

Pillar of the DawgVent
Sep 26, 2013
As I mentioned earlier, I spent the AM session watching the teams that were bussed to Sanford, largely due to McEachern's presence.

The Indians did not disappoint, as they won all of their matches, and Bailey Hockman, as expected, was crisp and on point with his throws. He had a couple of overthrown balls, but he also had some receivers dropping a few catchable balls. When he wasn't on the field, Hockman was chatting with his father, Kyle, McEachern's head coach, and the rest of the Indian staff. He had a clipboard he was drawing up plays on and keeping notes. I was impressed with his study. He also spent time cutting up with Julian Rochester.

When the Indians weren't occupied with games, Hockman spent time with almost all of Georgia's staff, as Richt, McClendon, Sherrer, Brown, Ekeler, and especially Schottenheimer were taking in games. Schottenheimer and Kyle Hockman spent a great deal of time speaking during breaks.

Julian Rochester and Mark Richt were also enjoying a personal chat.

Brice Ramsey was tagging along with Schottenheimer and taking in McEachern's work.

Also of note from the Indians, Tyler Simmons, who made some incredible catches and flashed his track speed, and Tyler Smith, who is going to continue his development into an impressive receiver. Simmons was sporting a UGA visor, and they'd do well to add a player of his caliber.

2017 DB Jaytlin Askew, formerly of Douglas County, also impressed me today and looked solid in coverage for McEachern.

Outside of McEachern, I really enjoyed watching MLK WR Hassan Higgins. He threw some great moves to get away from would-be tacklers.

As for Elijah Holyfield, he spent the AM hanging with Thomas Brown and Bryan McClendon a great deal and didn't leave Sanford Stadium. He looks to be in some of the best shape I've seen him to this point, which is pretty unreal given how huge he already was. He looks cut from stone. Got a great laugh when they played Dr. Dre's "Nothin but a G Thang" with Holyfield standing around thanks to the the "That's realer than Real Deal Holyfield" line.

Lot of Munson calls and the Battle Hymm being played in the stadium, too. Made for a cool environment.

We'll have plenty coming from the afternoon session.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News