ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note A couple of quick hits...

Jake Reuse

Pillar of the DawgVent
Sep 26, 2013
- Following up on last night's Haselwood visit, I got the same word that Chad did in regards to the outcomes. Was told things went very well. I had thought Georgia might be out of this for the last month, but I'm back to feeling that they may be the team to beat here.

- Trent mentioned that the staff got in to see Clay Webb and Nakobe Dean earlier this week. I came away from interviewing Webb thinking Georgia would be the landing spot, and I'm not changing that prediction as of right now. From what I'm told, Clemson looks to be the biggest competition, not Alabama as initially thought. I think Sam Pittman's influence looms large.

- As for Dean, a couple of weeks back I mentioned that I'd heard that Bama had evened the race. Now? I'm told there's some restored confidence in Georgia's favor.

- This 2020 DL situation is going to be very interesting to watch for the Bulldogs. With three prospects already in, numbers are tight, and there may be more interested players than spots. How Smart and Scott balance this one will be fun, as it looks like the Bulldogs will have pick of the litter in many situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News