ADVERTISEMENT

A couple predictions for UGA off-season, 2023, and the future

Dan MuLLLen

Dawgvent Year Long Challenge Commissioner
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2020
OFF SEASON

1) I'll lead off with perhaps the most bold prediction: Unfortunately, there will be too many NFL OC openings to keep Monken. I think he is waiting to see if the Chiefs OC job opens up, but would take the Chargers if not. With Monken out, my bold prediction is that the next OC at UGA will be..... Dan Mullen. No inside info here, but if he wants to get back into coaching it would be the perfect opportunity. He is already close by and to take over the offense we have coming back would be a great option for him. For us, this would be a homerun hire. We have enough recruiters so just have him focus on play calling.

2) While it won't be made public or announced to the team, Carson Beck will hold firm at QB1 throughout the entire off season. This is no knock on Gunner who has a higher upside, but Beck has a ton of arm talent and experience within the program.

2023 SEASON

1) If Monken stays or my first prediction comes true, Carson Beck will win the Heisman Trophy. Here are some way too early predictions on stat lines:
Beck- 4400 yards 35 TDs 5 INTs
Bowers- 900 yards 10 TDs
Ladd- 850 yards 8 TDs
Lovett- 650 yards 7 TDs

2) Georgia does not have a game within 14 points in the regular season.

3) ND: if Alabama starts a QB currently on their roster, they will go 9-3.

FUTURE

1) The UGA 2024 recruiting class will be the best in college football history. It will break the record for most wins in a 4 year period and will have a minimum 2 National Championships. Dylan Raiola will be the #1 pick in the 2027 NFL Draft.

2) There has been a lot of talk about how much longer we have Kirby Smart for. My outlook with these predictions is that Kirby will be sitting at 4 or 5 National Championships when the 2024 class graduates in Kirby's 12th year. Saban has the current record at 7 and he will retire with that many. Kirby will chase 8 if he can get it done by the time he is 60 (around year 20).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News